CAT 631 on heavy haul Peterbilt ALL GHQ

KevO

Has anybody got a dime ?
I've been working on this project fro quite a few months now and since it is snowing here in Sparks, NV (Reno)I decided to build something. I finished the GHQ Peterbilt tractor along with the first edition 3 axle flat. Then GHQ came out with re-released products (which ripped the floor out of the value of all the first edition products- BAD BAD MOVE- GHQ) Although the re-released versions are alot cheaper, it allowed me to kitbash the 3 axle flat into the 'jeep' section in between the tractor and trailer. I was really reluctant to kitbash a 50 dollar product but niow it sells for 9 bucks:<.

Today I made the GHQ 631 Scraper to fit on my Heavy Hauler. Now all I have to do is wait for warmer weather so I can fire up the air-brush !

I forgot to mention that this is N-SCALE !

Enjoy,

KevO

027.jpg

WOW thats cool!...N scale...wow again!!..I know a guy from here in Pa. that moved to Reno to drum for a band out there...plays the clubs..I didnt know it snowed in Reno!...Guess its a "dry snow" like the heat we hear about!..Thats cool work..I'd like to see a pic when you finish the paint.

Yes it does require at LEAST this amount of axles. I use to heavy haul down in Las Vegas,NV and this is a rig that I use to drive. In fact technically it does not have enough axles. There should be another axle on the ass end.

KevO

Thank you for all the comments ! I plan on painting the model today since the Sun is out and the birds are singing ! The scraper will be CAT colrs and the flatbed will be white, tractor some variation of blue/baby blue.

I am currently creating a 'low brow' visor out of brass sheet for the cab. I removed the stock exsaust stacks and have added 10" straight pipes (floral wire) to 12' tall. I have also added a cool looking 'Texas Bumper' on the front end.

Paint shop was delayed due to a computer system crash that has basically taken up all day to fix.......

Back