Can't run a foundry without scrap !

Bread&steel

Some loaded gons on the " Bull's Head " siding

Scrap provided by...Johnny's junk heap

Last edited by a moderator:
Another A+
I can't get over how well you have modeled all this. It looks so active, so very dirty, grimy. The only thing missing is the head splitting noise and the smell. It still makes me want to put in ear plugs.:D

Sorry to come in on your thread with this question, but since I can't find it in a search, was it you that posted the "Flicker Circuit"? I was just wondering if it worked for you and with the values given.

Thats nice. Good form.

But if you want to get some truly realistic looking rusty scrap loads you should experiment with the this stuff we call 'the Finish'. Its a two part system. One part a gray paint with iron shavings in it. The other part is a chemical reactor formula that turns metal into rust. Quite useful on stuff that isn't painted. You can get it a Micheals craft stores. I've been jigging with the Finish recently. That system crossed with some of my own know-how got some sweet results. In conjunction with other materials, I used it on my own custom made scrap load.

DSC01161.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

Thanks for the info It really looks great. What department of Michael's would I find that stuff ?

Those gears look familiar.....Have you ever scraped an old VCR ?

Larry

Thanks. In my local Micheal's it in the adhesive and glue section. It officially called 'Sophisicated Finishes'.

Hahaha, VCR? Naw. Those gears are from a child's wind up automobile toy. :)

Back