Can you belive they locked the trains.com MR forum?

Hello, fellow refugees.

I've been registered on this forum for a while and visit occassionally and rarely post. I guess I'm just not used to navigating this forum. There are so many topics to choose from it's hard to decide where to start. I'm in N scale, so that's where I've spent most of my time. Since I prefer a more general discussion area, I guess I'll be spending time in this topic.

Grande Man, you are a busy fellow. If you've been posting here like you did on our old forum, you must be spending a lot of time exercising your fingers on the keyboard! And I thought I spent a lot of time on-line!

To modelrailroadforum.com, thanks for being so generous and inviting us in. I hope everyone benefits from this exchange.

It's going to take me a while to get used to all the options here. I hope I don't disturb the peace!

Darrell, lost and quiet...for now

I think we only have one rule to this forum however, NO FLAMING. Nobody likes being ragged on for something. Other than my disclaimer, welcome aboard!

dgwinup said:
Hello, fellow refugees.

I've been registered on this forum for a while and visit occassionally and rarely post. I guess I'm just not used to navigating this forum. There are so many topics to choose from it's hard to decide where to start. I'm in N scale, so that's where I've spent most of my time. Since I prefer a more general discussion area, I guess I'll be spending time in this topic.

Grande Man, you are a busy fellow. If you've been posting here like you did on our old forum, you must be spending a lot of time exercising your fingers on the keyboard! And I thought I spent a lot of time on-line!

To modelrailroadforum.com, thanks for being so generous and inviting us in. I hope everyone benefits from this exchange.

It's going to take me a while to get used to all the options here. I hope I don't disturb the peace!

Darrell, lost and quiet...for now

I think your last sentence sums it up for all of us MR Forum-goers. :(

Hi guys, I finally found the confirmation message in my email this morning, so here I am! I chose the name "CSX_road_slug" because I never really liked the one I had on the old forum.

Anyhow it's great to be here, thanx GM for inviting me in!

dgwinup said:
It's going to take me a while to get used to all the options here.

Darrell, glad to see you here! Be sure to try out the "new posts" button at the top of the page if you have any trouble navigating thru the forums. It's a nice, time saving feature of the board's software.

You can call us MR refugees
Nope, we're hoping you'll stay and join in. Don't be shy!
We ain't like this
8.gif

Hey guys! I'm not quite sure what's going on at the trains.com forum (I only caught bits and pieces of the story), but please make yourselves at home! Like GM said, the "Active Topics" and/or "New Posts" buttons are usually the most popular way to navigate the site.

I'm hoping once you guys hang out here for awhile you'll decide to stay...this really is a great forum, but unfortunately it hasn't had the exposure or the amount of traffic it deserves. Maybe some refugees are what we really need to make this place known :D

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any. I've found it quite easy to navigate here once you get the general idea of the site layout. Another nice feature is that you are actually able to attach photos directly to your posts, without having to host them somewhere else, which I don't think is possible on most other forums. It also means you have one less excuse not to share pictures :p

I find for checking on what I might have missed I use the drop down menu from "Active Topics" There are a lot of choices there, for myself although I'm on every day I like the three day one best. Being nosey I don't want to miss out. :D

13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
I find for checking on what I might have missed I use the drop down menu from "Active Topics" There are a lot of choices there, for myself although I'm on every day I like the three day one best. Being nosey I don't want to miss out. :D

13.gif
Willis
Okay, stupid question...How do you do the screenshots, as shown in the post above? :confused:

uspscsx said:
Okay, stupid question...How do you do the screenshots, as shown in the post above? :confused:
Use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Usually shown as "Prnt Scrn" and it's often a shift function. The placement on the keyboard varies too...seeing as I'm on a laptop right now I can't be certain, but I think on most standard keyboards it's in the group of keys with "Page Up" and "Home" etc., between the number pad and the traditional Qwerty letters.

The button will capture a screenshot and place it on the clipboard. Then just paste it into a program and save it as a JPEG or whatever you need (even Paint is good enough for this function).

by uspscsx

Okay, stupid question
Nope! no stupid questions, just stupid answers sometimes :D
Well Nate has it pretty well answered. On my keyboard there's a key in the top row marked "Print Scrn SysRq" I just tap that and the screen shot is copied to the clip board, from there on like Nate says it's just paste to any drawing/editing program then save it in the format you choose.
13.gif
Willis

*Puts on his specs and peers around*

Well this isn't so bad I at least see a few faces I know *waves to the gang*

So when does the new improved Coffee Club start *chuckles*

I'm still pretty ragged out about the MR fourms, hope it gets resolved.

Hope you and yours are all doing well and safe.

Coyote

Same here, they could have at least placed a posty note or emailed all the members, there is a feature like that on almost all message boards to let us know the scoop. I don't want to slam MR too hard, but I feel Terry Thompson the head ed is over reacting to all this. It reminds me of how the US/Britian handle terrorism. If you close up shop or stop doing what you do everyday, then they have achieved (the trolls) just what they wanted. It makes us model railroaders look like wimps. Sorry to be saying this, but they put to sleep a pretty good resource. I imagine that new subscribers or folks that by the mag at the store would come there, as well as it, the MR forums also led the internet crowd to other web sites like this just from the interest it created, not to mention all that exccelent knowledge that was on there, Joe's clinics, Bob's Photo Clinic etc. If those forums are left locked, and we know just how great the search feature was, let alone a new comer even knowing the lingo to search, is a shameful waste for those who posted and those that need it.

I used to own a hosting and web develpment company, we used Sun servers and we had a mailing list that was similar to how MR ran, many other lists and forums, but Sun was the palce everyone went for help or getting started. Well they decided to close it down, too much work they claimed, which I don't buy, having been in the business, so when people got togehter to move all the subscribers to a new place, we lost about 40% and that 40% was the ones that were the helpers. They just got fed up. I am probably blowing this out of porportion (sp) a little, but if they stay down any longer then Monday or mid week, I think they will hurt themselves as for the forums, though I am sure the forums, could be hurting their mag sales. I am sure the internet did.

Okay enough soapboxing. Glad you made it over. BTW what does that say in your sig file, I always wanted to ask.

Back