Can somebody identify this Fleischmann HO set?

camerakid

I'm not a Fleischmann guy, so I don't have any of their catalogs or other sources. A friend brought me this set today, says it belonged to his dad, but it was never used, and remains essentially new in the box. The issue for me is that the box lid was very faded and worn from years sitting in storage, and I can't find a legible catalog or product number on it anywhere. I recognize the engine as a 1349 (old Fleischmann numbering), and I could probably figure out the individual product numbers on the additional cars in the set, but what I'd really like to know is the entire set's correct number. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate hearing from them. Thanks! By the way, I'm very impressed with the detail and build quality of this set....I didn't realize Fleischmann was this good.

Attachments

• FleischmannSetc.jpg
    FleischmannSetc.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 250
  • FleischmannSetb.jpg
    FleischmannSetb.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 242
  • FleischmannSeta.jpg
    FleischmannSeta.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 248
For anybody following this thread, I just got a complete answer from a friendly fellow on the Reynault forum: "This is the set 349 "Helvetia Express" made 1969 - 1970. The engine is 1349 and the cars are 1416, 1418, 1419."

Back