Can anyone tell me what this is?

Silver12r

Hello all.

Long and short; dad had a train set as a kid that's long since gone. I'd like to find him a replacement that's identical.... or, on an uber slim chance; find the original.

I'm going to tax your collective memory banks and see if anyone can ID the model train set from a vague description. :)

All I have is a description:

Train was made late 40's Early 50's

It's a Panagraph (electric 3 rail w/ wire recievers on top)

Foreign made

Pale green

Triple track

Not steam

Unusual caboose; rounded with rear rail

Had passenger cars.

H.O. scale.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of something that might match this description I'd be eternally grateful. The closest thing I've found so far is made by Marklin, but there are so, so many....

On a side note, the original set was sold at an auction in Pennsylvania about 40 years ago... my uncle Gordon sold them.

Like I said, ultra long shot, but you guys seem to know your stuff and it never hurts to ask.

If I can find some 'maybes', I've got somebody who would be able to identify it from a picture.

I know it's a stretch and I appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Thanks,
Jim
silver12r@hotmail.com

Triple track (3 rails, or 2 rails and center contact studs) and HO scale pretty much narrow it down to Marklin as far as I can tell. I don't recall any other manufacturers doing 3 rail HO scale.

That also fits in quite nicely with the foreign made.

That said, "narrowing it down" down to a Marklin train is like narrowing it down to "one of the fish in the North Atlantic"... They were one of the biggest train manufacturers around, and while you know yours was a pale green model of a passenger train with an electric locomotive, that still leaves a lot to be determined.

Maybe a group that specializes in Marklin will have a better idea.

Back