Call me swartzeneger...I'm baaaack...

G'day all.....BLOODY COMPUTERS..AND OTHER PROBLEMS...It's been a couple of months since I've been on the 'world's greatest forum' for the 'world's greatest hobby'...so now my computer issues (massive malware and viruses that got through) are finally sorted , not least with the help of Louis's great tips...THANKS LOUIS.....I can finally access these pages again..God , I love this hobby ...and this forum and I've missed both a lot over the past recent times....Great to see some new names too in the Introduce Me section....smart people indeed by joining the forum..
Winter here approaching so a good time to do some more to the underwhelming layout...but looking forward to it immensely...Cheers Rod...

Welcome back Arnold :D you'll have to stay away from those questionable web sites to keep a clean machine
take care and enjoy

cheers
Willis

Hey Rod!
Like Willis sez don't touch that dial! LOL
Summer's coming here but still going to find time to keep building thru the season.

Is that what happened to you Rod (Are you the guy in the mirror that Arnie's been sayin' hello to?). Been having "puter" problems too just lately, waiting on our techy to have a look. Lost IE11 all last weekend, came back Monday, now both Firefox and Chrome are down.

G'day Toot and all , SO FRUSTRATING....I stupidly loaded a bogus (as it happens) Flashplayer which embedded a ton of crap on my laptop...Took ages but Louis Bruette..God Bless him , told me how to fix ...and it works...running great again now....Good to be back....at last......I hope Louis is okay in Baltimore after all that rioting going on there.. The rioters should be totally ashamed...like a war zone...Cheers Rod...

Yes , Ken too

Not just Louis, but Ken, as well. If I've forgotten anyone my apologies, but again I hope everyone is OK!

G'day CJ , Yes , I totally forgot about Ken too.....I was watching the TV news here last night and Mr Obama said.."This is not protesting , it's stealing" in reference to the looting going on...He's right.... I hope MB Klien is safe too from these crazies...God Bless the peaceful people of Baltimore that they don't have to endure this behaviour for much longer...Cheers Rod..

Not just Louis, but Ken, as well. If I've forgotten anyone my apologies, but again I hope everyone is OK!
Thanks for remembering me Carey!:eek: [Unless you were referring to "D&J" Ken who lives in VA.] I'm fairly easy to forget, because I don't post here as much as I once did.

I live a good 10 miles from Baltimore "as the crow flies" so I haven't been too concerned my family's safety. Karl {kbchooch} lives even further out. I've been mostly concerned about Louis, who actually lives in Baltimore. But he posted in the Coffee Shop thread that he is ok.

BTW - WELCOME BACK Rod! Didn't mean to hijack your thread...

G'day Ken...NOT A PROBLEM....It would be if you were copping it from the rioters..Good news my end on Louis...We talk via email and he's okay ..just catching up with things so two great Baltimorian/Maryland-ian forum members are okay...THAT'S AWESOME.....Stay safe...Cheers Rod..

Good to see you back. Thought the island may have fallen off of the planet.

It just amazes me that people have to tag viruses onto programs and web sites. Why can't they use the talent for something useful. Have yet to figure out what they get out of it.

G'day Montanan....It looked authentic and my anti virus was iffy anyway... It was a Flashplayer update..Embedded in it was a ton of unwanted programs the bunged up the computer so bad that it was virtually unusable...and the Control Panel uninstall wouldn't let me erase them either..To do the computer by the 'experts' was going to cost me around $200...One night I was talking to Louis by phone..(in Maryland) and he said to me .."Just do the factory re set , and reload your main stuff again"..He was so right.
it took about 2 hours from go to whoa but it worked beautifully...and didn't cost me a cent..Here's the kicker..the REAL Flashplayer upgrade would have happened anyway as a part of critical updates within 45 days ...A valuable lesson learned but it cost me several weeks of 'throw the computer into the trash can' frustration...Cheers Rod..

It's good to see the Terminator is back, unless of course you are John Connor or it is one of the movies when Arnold's terminator character is a good guy or.. oh the hell with I am getting confused I'M GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!

Ken there is no way we could forget you! Never forget quality trumps quantity!

As for the rioting, fortunately for me it has been mostly on the west side of town. There have been a few isolated incidents on the east side, but even they have not been in my neighborhood.

G'day Louis and all , Ditto .... The forum is a great haven for us all ...You know what!!!!!!...This model rail forum is not only fun and informative but it allows many of us to forge friendships with people from all over the world that we'd NEVER have the opportunity to do otherwise...Friendships are PRICELESS...Cheers Rod..

images[1] (2).jpg

And here he is.

G'day Toot....Sorry for late reply...Had a stomach virus past few days...There's two things different about Arnie and me......I'm prettier and he's a hell of a lot richer...Well actually HE'S PRETTIER AND A HELL OF A LOT RICHER.....As you know he's been in Australia recently to shoot some commercials....I should have touched base with him.
A good nickname for him if he ever starred in a Dr Who episode would be Dalek . cos' he go round saying "Ex Terminator , Ex Terminator ".....Cheers Rod..

Good to see you posting again Tony, might have to rename this "the returning Aussies thread". I might be off for a while myself soon.

G'day Toot....HOPEFULLY NOT TOO LONG IF YOU DO...Wouldn't be quite the same as with any of "the crew" on board this forum train if Toot's wise words aren't there...Cheers Rod...

Back