Caboose Industry Ground Throws

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Do any of you guys use Peco Flex Track and these Caboose Industry Ground Throws?

If anyone does, what I am wondering is can you use the Sprung Ground Throws with Peco Sprung Turn Outs, or should I use non sprung Ground Throws?

i had them on my layout for a good number of years [the sprung HO ones] and i pushed them to the ground regularly, no problems at all, used dr.mikes ca to hold down the delrin

I use them too.
One of my pet peeves is seeing guys push the lever of a caboose throw right to the ground.
Dont do it.
That's a pet peeve of mine as well. They're hard to operate that way. Here's how I avoid it on my layout.
IMG_7406.JPG

Since this is upper level, I paint the track nails so I can easily see which way they are thrown.

You probably have enough replies, but here's my ha-penny's worth: I don't use the sprung caboose on Peco TOs, but do on the new Walthers curved TOs which have springs. They work absolutely fine with them. Provide nice positive control and I like the 'insurance' factor of the springs keeping the points securely against the rails.

The Peco springs are a bit beefier. But they are also pretty easy to remove if you don't like the double-spring action.

Steve

Willie quick question, as you use these type of ground throws, how do you secure them to your board, pins/nails, or some type of glue ?
I just use track nails into pieces of cork roadbed under the throw. If you look closely at the picture above, you can see the one on the left is properly inserted, while the one on the right accidentally bent over. Hard to really tell.

Thanks Willie - - - life has been full these past months and I am woefully behind on progress on the layout. I got myself into a project (TO automation) that is super labor intensive and I am overwhelmed. More later.

Smudge - - - - I glue mine down as I use the foam on top of plywood. Although for temporary purposes, I did use brads (small nails) and they worked fairly well.

Back