Cab interior's

Hawkeye251

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased or seen a picture of Precision Scale Company's Interior detail kit for a late EMD cab. I'm wondering if it would work for a GP40-2 since walthers has it in stock. However they don't have a picture, which makes me uncertain.

If anyone has seen this kit or knows something about it I'd appreciate your thoughts.

I'm also interested in any other cab interior kit or part sources.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris, I'm glad you're here. Josh, needed someone that can keep up on the deisel detailing projects! :D I'm going to sit back and learn while the two of you post back and forth.;) My interest in detailing locos has grown considerable (I used to hate tedious work) and I really get into it now. Still, it's fun to watch a couple of experts at play.

Aside from detailing, are you into advanced DCC lighting effects? That definitely adds another dimension and is delicate work.

Yeah, and they don't know when it will be back in stock. They do list Ron's Mundelein Hobby in Mundelein IL as having had it in the past... but I haven't called them yet to find out. I kind of doubt they do.

Yeah, I've been trying to come up with a plan to light the GP40-2... I want working ditch lights, but that may be difficult since the front ones are mounted on top of the anticlimber. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably get some LED's and make fiber optic light pipes, which I think I can squeeze into a Details West ditch light casting.

It'll be an interesting undertaking, I'm planning on posting some info about my plans a little later once I figure out what is feasible.

Josh, thanks a million. I hadn't thought to search the Walthers product #, which was probably why I wasn't coming up with much.

I'm going to order this right now.

You're welcome, and thats what we're all here for, to help each other! I know I've asked alot of questions on where to find stuff. I still haven't found some though, lol.

Back