C&O of Indiana video

CIOR

Central Indiana & Ohio RR
Well, finally got around to doing a couple videos of the new layout.
While its not even close to being finished, I've gotten enough emails asking about it. So here it is.
Later on tonight I'm sure the HD version of the "First Train" video will be ready to view also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy0JGkLTX70

Matt
candoindiana.com

Matt, you are really making some good progress. Loved the first train shots. Your benchwork is fantastic. I wonder why it's not all crooked like mine? :D

It looks great!!! Do you have a copy of your track plan posted here somewhere?
I plan on tearing mine down in the next 2 months and rebuilding it. Maybe it will look as good as yours, doubtful though lol. :cool:

Not gone entirely. I've got all the engines packed up and we will see.

I'm pretty serious about selling some of the other engines though, like most of my Conrail stuff.

Not gone entirely. I've got all the engines packed up and we will see.

I'm pretty serious about selling some of the other engines though, like most of my Conrail stuff.
Ahhh. Can't wait to see this new layout gain some scenery!

Ahhh. Can't wait to see this new layout gain some scenery!

I decided this time around to take my time. I will have all the track PERFECT before I move beyond that. Plus the CTC will go in well before anything like track painting and so forth.
I really don't want to have to go back and redo things. I had to do that on the old layout and it didn't turn out well to me.

Muncie

Matt, Are you from Muncie. I grew up on the south side. My grandmother had a small mini farm just to the north of the marhofer plant I remember from the 60's. I thought the rail line to the east as one looks south toward the plant was NKP. But it's been a long time ago. Do you have any period pics of the area. Good luck with the layout, it reminds me of home. Carl.:)

Carl,
I too grew up on the southeast side of town, just off of 12th street (closer to 8th street).

I have a prototype site, all the stuff is on there
candoindiana.com

The C&O and NKP served Marhoeffers, the C&O had a long spur that crossed through by Shroyers Pools now. I never knew it was there until I got the valuation map and saw it there and then looked closer at aerial views.

Muncie

Thanks, I'll check it out. I did a google map of the area. Not much left of the marhofer plant it looks like. Nothing of my grandmother's farm is left at all.:( I took some picturs of the station on south Walnut some years ago before they tore it down. Wished I had paid more attention as a kid. O'well, to go back in time:)

Thanks, I'll check it out. I did a google map of the area. Not much left of the marhofer plant it looks like. Nothing of my grandmother's farm is left at all.:( I took some picturs of the station on south Walnut some years ago before they tore it down. Wished I had paid more attention as a kid. O'well, to go back in time:)

I would say atleast 1/4 of Marhoeffers is still standing, its owned by various companies, but nothing like it once was.
The C&O depot was restored beautifully when the Cardinal Greenway took over the C&O right of way from CSX. Its very nice and open to the public. Its located on Broadway(sorry, MLK BLVD) and Wysor Street and its a fine example of restoration.

Muncie

I Need to check it out. Still have family in Muncie, Live in Indy. I took some pics of the C&O station some years ago when taking pics of the Muncie station downtown. Glad it's been restored. My wife and me like to ride around Indiana on my russian ural taking railroad pics. So I need to check out the area again. Getting back into the hobby now were empty nesters. With the help of a co-worker I'm putting a 4x16 together to get things running. Have plans for a round the room next and I like what your doing with yours. May steal some ideas:D I have NKP,PENN,NYC. But looking at yours has given me some direction, will need to get some C&O, [good excuse to go buy some more motive power:rolleyes:]Good luck with your layout, It looks like fun.Carl

Back