Building the Showcase Miniatures N scale M.O.W truck

nmaniac

I was unable to find a "Vehicle" building thread I picked this one,if it's in the wrong place then feel free to move it as needed,Thank you in advance.

SO here is the new Showcase Miniatures "I" type M.O.W.truck,this build is really easy as Showcase as few parts but they are well detailed,I prefer to bump things up a notch or to.

open the bag and we have a pile of parts,as with most kits I don't "Buy" a kit I buy "Parts"

DSCN0175-1_zpse4df6cfe.jpg

The flashing you see on the tires is 99% of the flashing !! alot to be said for that really all the parts are super clean,You see that small pipe like flashing comming off the tire??? Don't cut it off,why when you go to spray you have something to clamp on to.

DSCN0176-1_zpsd1acc0ef.jpg

DSCN0177-1_zpsf506f057.jpg

As I do with alot of kits I file off the molded on tread decking once removed I cut some BLMA tread decking to size and then either glue in place or add later in the build

DSCN0177-1_zpsf506f057.jpg

Parts just sitting in place to size things up.
DSCN0179-1_zps239b8641.jpg

DSCN0180-1_zpsc2e4659f.jpg

Rear drive axle in place as is the drive shaft,Showcase gives you a wee brass rod to cut to size,makes it look really good.

DSCN0182-1_zps3831a5ec.jpg

Not being able to either file or cut off the tread decking on the floor of the truck bed I cut two pieces to fit again using BLMA tread decking,I think once it's glued into place and all the detail parts added the seam will not be that visable but still it will drive me nuts cause I know it's there

DSCN0184-1_zps0aae618e.jpg

DSCN0185-1_zps0636f578.jpg

DSCN0186-1_zps33863a31.jpg

Here are the detail parts cut and cleaned ready to go again I cut the fret as to have something to hang on to while spraying,I may or may not use them all but like I said I buy a bag/ box of parts,Never throw anything away.

DSCN0186-1_zps33863a31.jpg

As this will be my display for the swap table I picked to go with a "Working" boom I cut off the extra head and then drilled a wee hole in the bottom of the head being used,really a great looking work truck it's gotta be lifting something ? right

DSCN0188-1_zpsd129b7bf.jpg

DSCN0189_zpsf47a2b77.jpg

Well I need to get this truck in the wash tank AKA the kitchen sink and then shoot primer on saturday that will give me time to think of what road to paint her in.

Weather been really great here so I got some work done on the M.O.W truck hope to get done this week but there are talking high 90's !!! to nice to be inside.
N

DSCN0262_zps607f10dc.jpg

Played hookie from ranch/farm duties today but with the weather being so great I'm running ahead which is great so I got some modeling in.Here is the Showcase Miniature M.O.W. truck.....done !! not happy with the paint job I think my BN green went belly up?

DSCN0047_zpsb68ff2c5.jpg

DSCN0046_zps4680a571.jpg

DSCN0043_zpsc00765c4.jpg

Great job on the MOW truck! Is that metal they use for casting Zamac?.....or pewter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Mike,there website states "soft metal" I'm guessing it's pewter but then again I may be wrong,it's easy to work with.
N

Back