Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I went into the hospital on April 2, and got out the 15th. On the night of day 5, I'm sure I was knocking on Death's Door. (combination of drugs?) After a terrible 4 hours Death said, "Not yet." So here I am 5 weeks along and doing much better. I had a perforated small intestine. I have all new blood, A neg, and a 6 inch scar to prove it. I now have renewed respect for nurses and their helpers. Cheers, Jim
Good to know you pulled through. I'll need someone to talk with when I retire. 4 months away. Stay healthy.

With taking all it's twists and turns, and spring things making me crazier then ever, I haven't been on this forum for well over a month. But I got the notice of your response to this thread, Jim, and I am logging to join the others saying I'm glad your on the med and still with us!!! Heal up and carry on!

Well, you all are too kind. However, remember, I'm not a professional, I taught myself. As a teacher it was only second nature to observe and duplicate the surroundings. I went the usual route back in 2004 and bought scenery and items from my LHS. After my first layout, the one on our sailboat, I decided to forego the more expensive items from some scenery outlets and dedicate my work to show how well (? or not) scenery could be done as cheaply and realistic as possible. I did shows at NMRA events even though I was not a member. I would build a diorama during the show using just Woodland Scenics supplies. Turned a lot of heads in those early days. What you all have witnessed here is and adherence the original cheap ideas that I started with. Hence many items are scratch build and certainly that goes for 95% of scenery items. It has been a great ride and no, I don't think you will ever find a site with more hits and buried so deep in a great website. Thanks Bob for putting up with us all. Jim

Just wondering Jim, ..what kind of sailboat? Sailboats were a large part of my life as well.
Brian

JIM, So very happy that you made it through another chapter!
I just returned home last evening from a 5 day stint due to an undetermined heart attack.
Maybe we both get to hang around for a little longer?
Good Luck with the recovery!

Just wondering Jim, ..what kind of sailboat? Sailboats were a large part of my life as well.
Brian
Brian
Hi, I sailed my Hylas 42 around the world 1989-1995. Met my last wife that year! We bought a Beneteau 51. I lived aboard for 19 years, she for 15. My Z scale layout home.
Distant Drum1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice boats there Jim, you chose well. But perhaps model railroading might be carried out easier on a multihull.....ha...ha.
I was attracted to multihulls long ago, but never became computer literate until 2000 when a couple of friends were entering 'THE RACE' around the world in BIG multihulls. I put up this website 'RunningTideYachts' even while I was rotating out of the industry and went back over to SE Asia after attempting to manufacture our Firefly trimaran to a big catamran dealership network we had developed on the east coast USA.

I'm now 78 and retired here in Fla, and building a double deck HO layout inside my 12x16 handi-house shed I pulled into my carport,... https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/31479?page=30 (not up to date discussion). Even a steel mill,...

Several years ago I had a severe attack of my gall bladder. It floored me and put me in the hospital. Up till then I didn't even know what the gall bladder was, or did. I know I got deadly sick until they got it out. Now I am fine,...good health and all.

Wishing you the best with your recovery.

Nice boats there Jim, you chose well. But perhaps model railroading might be carried out easier on a multihull.....ha...ha.
I was attracted to multihulls long ago, but never became computer literate until 2000 when a couple of friends were entering 'THE RACE' around the world in BIG multihulls. I put up this website 'RunningTideYachts' even while I was rotating out of the industry and went back over to SE Asia after attempting to manufacture our Firefly trimaran to a big catamran dealership network we had developed on the east coast USA.

I'm now 78 and retired here in Fla, and building a double deck HO layout inside my 12x16 handi-house shed I pulled into my carport,... https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/31479?page=30 (not up to date discussion). Even a steel mill,...

Several years ago I had a severe attack of my gall bladder. It floored me and put me in the hospital. Up till then I didn't even know what the gall bladder was, or did. I know I got deadly sick until they got it out. Now I am fine,...good health and all.

Wishing you the best with your recovery.
Sound wonderful. I had my gall bladder out about 3 years ago. I still have no clue to what it is. I'm 76 by the way.

Hello Jim, I had forgotten that we had talked in the past. I hope all is well with you for this holiday season.

I am the Brian who posted a subject thread about water,.....
https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/water-water-everywhere.34160/

I understand you have done a number of scenes with water. Anything you care to add to that other discussion, or reference links to your work would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Brian

Back