Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Well, I've noticed some photos are "unavailable." photobucket set today as Pay Us or Else day. I would not pay so all my photos are in limbo. I was offered to erase my photos from their site. NO Way. They did the password and user name dance and would not allow me to delete from their site. Robbery. Please don't use these crooks. You have been warned.

Last edited:
Can't leave N Scale yet. By the way these trees are for sale for shipping cost of $25.
to the top of log mountain12.jpg

Jim it has been a while since I've visited your works and great detailed photos, but why are you selling your trees?
Its been a while since photobucket sent out their notices and even today I'm able to login to the site and view my old pics, when they sent these notices I basicly went through all my photos and downloaded them one at a time to my computer.

Jim it has been a while since I've visited your works and great detailed photos, but why are you selling your trees?
Its been a while since photobucket sent out their notices and even today I'm able to login to the site and view my old pics, when they sent these notices I basicly went through all my photos and downloaded them one at a time to my computer.

Lynnb, I'm 'selling' them because I'm out of the game now. I have no use. I'm not well and will be 76, later this month. I don't want my wife to have to deal with all my stuff. I still have stuff from all scales ready for the dumpster and most of what is shown in these 'last' photos are going for shipping. F photobucket. They will offer me no help because they will NOT recognize my user name and password. I have them both on a piece of paper that I've used for years. So, this is their fault not mine. Cheers.

Lynnb, I'm 'selling' them because I'm out of the game now. I have no use. I'm not well and will be 76, later this month. I don't want my wife to have to deal with all my stuff. I still have stuff from all scales ready for the dumpster and most of what is shown in these 'last' photos are going for shipping. F photobucket. They will offer me no help because they will NOT recognize my user name and password. I have them both on a piece of paper that I've used for years. So, this is their fault not mine. Cheers.
Very sorry to hear of your health ailments, I can only hope I’m still working on my rr at your age. Just today my 3 year old grandson was asking me all kinds of questions about my rr.

Very sorry to hear of your health not being as good as would like, but you can at least go out and yell at the mountains that they didn't get yer, even though they probably should've. Be very careful after yer do, not to trip over one of your "rocks" yer throwin' out and crack yer head on it.

And you ran the rigging, and even have the flags flying the correction direction (with the wind, just like the sails)
Jim's a world sailor and a mountain climber. He did those things so he could make great models. Some people do all sorts of silly things for accuracy. Show Troy that photo of you 5000' up the side above the lake. And he's smiling.

Jim's a world sailor and a mountain climber. He did those things so he could make great models. Some people do all sorts of silly things for accuracy. Show Troy that photo of you 5000' up the side above the lake. And he's smiling.
Toot, I can't find that photo anymore. Is it on this site? I don't know how you would have seen it if I didn't print it hear???

Toot, I can't find that photo anymore. Is it on this site? I don't know how you would have seen it if I didn't print it hear???
I believe it was, we had a bit of a conversation about it and your adventures. Quite a while ago. That was a classic photo. Your climbing partner had taken from a few feet above you with you in the frame on this sheer ice face, with the lake 5000' below you said. I think you had your pick driven into the ice and you said the angle of the wall was 50 deg.

Last edited:
Toot, I just went back from now to page 100 and I can't find that photo. I'm pooped. It looks like photobucket deleted my videos and about 10 photos. It was sad to see some regulars disappear through the years. Someone named Ron deleted his posts. I must have made him mad, or perhaps he was mad to begin with?

I've seen the photo. No need to find it on my behalf. I believe Jim is crazy... er... adventurous enough to climb big rocks.

Question for Jim: When you were using foam as a flat scenery base - if ever - did you still use plaster cloth over it for the smaller scales like N? Or just use the plaster cloth on the raised/elevated portions you were going to add sculptamold to?

I'm debating how much plaster cloth to order. Normally, for flat sections of ground cover, I'd paint the foam, then start adding groundcover and glue to that.

JIM -- I searched till blue in the face last evening. The only rock climbing photos I found were on page 217 - post 4327 - on July 30, 2017.

I've seen the photo. No need to find it on my behalf. I believe Jim is crazy... er... adventurous enough to climb big rocks.

Question for Jim: When you were using foam as a flat scenery base - if ever - did you still use plaster cloth over it for the smaller scales like N? Or just use the plaster cloth on the raised/elevated portions you were going to add sculptamold to?

I'm debating how much plaster cloth to order. Normally, for flat sections of ground cover, I'd paint the foam, then start adding groundcover and glue to that.
Absolutely! Always use plaster cloth as a base regardless of scale. Sculptamold adheres nicely to the plaster cloth. Box in the mail Tue. Columbus Day today.

Last edited:

Back