Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

With your work with Z scale I have one question.....do you wear glasses???

Nice work and I like that room size layout.

Greg

I have a pair of granny glasses that I have worn for a dozen years. Somehow they still work and I use them everyday at my hobby desk. Good eye protection as well, especially working on your back under the layout.

I call this one '4 feet to the floor.'
Cliff Preview2_Painterly.jpg

Looking through these N photos it seems like a good scale for photography; at least with my equipment. Here is 'The Shack' and A Number 1.
View attachment 117158
At first glance there Jim, the line of light from the bottom of the other side's door, looked like the shiny metal edge of a BBQ plate. With the cook's arm out it looked like he was grilling up a storm. A special of worn out Boot Soles "We don't charge for the holes" Upper Tenders 10c extra. Laces 5c. Done in axle box grease (faux fried Onions).

That's OK Jim, from where I'm sitting, it looks 1:1. And it has one of your favorite bridges in it.

Way back in 1970 mountain climbing in Franch I remember bridges like this in many places (Alps). Some were put up by guides to make a passage easier and some for cars. I never saw one like this for trains; please don't mention this to anyone.

Last edited:
I love that black and white shot in post 4930, it really sets the mood!
At first I thought the hogger was throwing a spear into the creek, anyone else see that illusion?
I went back and enlarged the pic! It does look as if the engineer has a rod/spear in his hand.
I think it just happens that it was the back of the tender lineed up with his hand?

Back