Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Tunnel exit.
DSC00046 (3).JPG

Well, you all are too kind. However, remember, I'm not a professional, I taught myself. As a teacher it was only second nature to observe and duplicate the surroundings. I went the usual route back in 2004 and bought scenery and items from my LHS. After my first layout, the one on our sailboat, I decided to forego the more expensive items from some scenery outlets and dedicate my work to show how well (? or not) scenery could be done as cheaply and realistic as possible. I did shows at NMRA events even though I was not a member. I would build a diorama during the show using just Woodland Scenics supplies. Turned a lot of heads in those early days. What you all have witnessed here is and adherence the original cheap ideas that I started with. Hence many items are scratch build and certainly that goes for 95% of scenery items. It has been a great ride and no, I don't think you will ever find a site with more hits and buried so deep in a great website. Thanks Bob for putting up with us all. Jim

Indeed, when I discovered this thread not so long ago, I was very sad that I missed so much.
I started reading at least 10-20 pages per sitting. Soon enough, it became a realization that I had probably missed the boat for the consistent story fluidity that I was hoping for. The Photo Bucket debacle was the worst, however, I also noticed pages were missing altogether. Today, I find myself wishing I had been interested in MRR from the beginning of the story. I might have caught it all.
The thread is still wonderful. The methods are instructional. The photographs are magical. - My own fault for being late to the party.

Indeed, when I discovered this thread not so long ago, I was very sad that I missed so much.
I started reading at least 10-20 pages per sitting. Soon enough, it became a realization that I had probably missed the boat for the consistent story fluidity that I was hoping for. The Photo Bucket debacle was the worst, however, I also noticed pages were missing altogether. Today, I find myself wishing I had been interested in MRR from the beginning of the story. I might have caught it all.
The thread is still wonderful. The methods are instructional. The photographs are magical. - My own fault for being late to the party.
Pee bucket's greed and extortionist attitude brought it deserved condemnation, but unfortunately no help to those who had trusted them with their valuable possessions.

If you apply the logic of, if the viewer was looking at the scene in reality, then the point you would be focusing on would be in sharp focus and the background/surrounding would be a bit fuzzy. Only photos can be be made to provide overall depth of field. So that could be titled "As the eyes see it."

Back