Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

That question can be quite difficult to answer, as you are seeing the actual scene in comparison, and we have only the photo on our individual screens.
I'm seeing the figure in center, sitting beside the fella in the red hat, as having blue/grey shoes. Front most figure is wearing green shirt and gloves, yellow hat, and a fine pair of blue Levis. All the wood is a medium colored wood leaning toward yellow/green, and the rust looks like rust.

It is a very fine photo of a wonderful scene, as is always the case of your work. It's just missing Rover; there's always a dog at lumber camps.

Hope I've helped you, as much as you have helped me!
McLeod, I was referrling the general overall lack of color in this and some other photos. As for the dog:
2019-10-25 09-05-37 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4)_Detailed.jpg

McLeod, I was referrling the general overall lack of color in this and some other photos. As for the dog:
Jim, I suppose I really don't know what you mean by 'lack of color'.
I'm seeing the bright, radiant (yet, subdued) colors that one might see in the high ground, mid-day summer sunshine; in the context that this is a work camp scene. Don't confuse the words 'bright' and 'radiant' with what one would expect from a kaleidoscope of colorful flowers.

I know from reading your thread, that you use a photo layering program. That's probably why there is some foreground fuzziness in the previous photo (loco roof edge). Both of these photos are near perfection, though, in my humble opinion. Well done, I say!

Bye the way, I saw the dog laying there on my first scan of the photo. But, I was looking for him without other distraction.

Jim, I suppose I really don't know what you mean by 'lack of color'.
I'm seeing the bright, radiant (yet, subdued) colors that one might see in the high ground, mid-day summer sunshine; in the context that this is a work camp scene. Don't confuse the words 'bright' and 'radiant' with what one would expect from a kaleidoscope of colorful flowers.

I know from reading your thread, that you use a photo layering program. That's probably why there is some foreground fuzziness in the previous photo (loco roof edge). Both of these photos are near perfection, though, in my humble opinion. Well done, I say!

Bye the way, I saw the dog laying there on my first scan of the photo. But, I was looking for him without other distraction.

I was thinking subdued without saying a such. My camera is a 12 year old 12mp Canon and it seems to produce different color now. Could it be on its last legs like me?

I hope not! You're contributions have been notably great!
There's just not many mountain climbing, railroading, photography addict, model artisans out there. We need you, and God knows it!
+
McLeod, You forgot that I sailed my 42 foot sloop around the world. Six years and 42 countries! Plenty of girlfriends as well. 1989-1995.

You forgot that I sailed my 42 foot sloop around the world. Six years and 42 countries! Plenty of girlfriends as well. 1989-1995.
Well, just be joyous that you have scratched all these many achievements off you're bucket list. With today's social distancing, I don't think any of us are sailing around the world again, any time soon. We might have the time and inclination to build another layout, though. ;)

I wonder what the Klondike Goldrush would have looked like if there was a train running through them thar hills and wild rivers. 🚂

Well, just be joyous that you have scratched all these many achievements off you're bucket list. With today's social distancing, I don't think any of us are sailing around the world again, any time soon. We might have the time and inclination to build another layout, though. ;)

I wonder what the Klondike Goldrush would have looked like if there was a train running through them thar hills and wild rivers. 🚂

Excellent idea. Not me though.

Back