Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Necessity is the mother of invention. I've been trying to figure out how to hang my light switch on my control panel, such as it is. I thought about holes and wires, twist ties, and building a proper wooden holder. I went to the closet and came across a new soldering iron still in its package. I've use my original iron for a dozen years, so this one just sat. Looking closely at the package I figured out how to make my holder with just three screws!
DSC00154.JPG
DSC00155.JPG
DSC00156.JPG

Still trying to find easy and cheap solutions to problems. Need a mine tunnel? I use empty toilet paper tubes. One tube makes a good HO tunnel and putting two together for larger tunnels. I don't know if they have toilet paper down under yet so I don't know what they can use!
DSC00151.JPG

I like that!
So do I. Now that I've found it and the logging car again' I'll have to make up a diorama that will fit into a small display case. Maybe give it an Aussie flavor with some Gum trees, a Kangaroo and a Koala.

I remember one time when I was building houses (stick frame, brick clad), we had stopped for lunch and were sitting on the lumber stack with our backs to the frame. Heard this quite noisy scratching and scrabbling sound. Got up to find what was causing it and found a quite large Goanna (Monitor) Lizard, clawing it's way up a wall frame. It eventually made it's way right over the roof trusses and down the other side. Look at those claws.

1571444198834.png

Not the one, but about the same size.

Back