Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

INJURY REPORT! Ran a drill bit through a piece of wood I was holding. So here's the finger. Jokes allowed of course.
DSC00082.JPG

Ouch.....Reminds me of when I ran a wood chisel through the palm of my hand. Told my son who was assisting me not to do use the tool that way and proceeded injure myself in the way not to use the tool.

The upside is that I was wearing a father's day T-shirt that read, "It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's freaking hilarious!" Sure made the ER staff laugh. Tim "the toolman" Taylor didn't have anything on me!!!! lol

I need some help. HO or On30 folks smarter than me for this issue please! How do you wire a MicroEngineering Turnout??? If you know show me the soldering spots and the color of wire. ie. pos or neg. Many thanks. I'm gone for the weekend so I'll leave you to it. Cheers.
DSC00085.JPG
DSC00086.JPG

Hey, JIM ... didn't we fight this battle once before?
I'll have to leave it up to the others -- I don't know how to draw on this confuser.

Hey, JIM ... didn't we fight this battle once before?
I'll have to leave it up to the others -- I don't know how to draw on this confuser.

Sherrel, I think so, but ultimately I went to a PECO turnout. Don't really know if I got an answer. Can any of your buddies help?

JIM -- go back to page 178 post 3546. Is this the same ME turnout you were trying to get to work back then?
If so , read TOOT:S answers!

Toot, Yes it is DCC ready and can be wired for DC. I'm a visual person and this stage of my life so I can read and follow maps and diagrams. I Went back to Page 178 and was lost more than ever..

Thanks Sherrel, You found the answer. I hope I can follow it. The frog IS insulated so I guess I have to power it with Pos current using some sort of button or switching device?

Caboose Industries, ground throw, with contacts 220S is the item, I think will suit you best. it both switches the points and the power to the frog. Assembly required. Scroll down the page to Ground throws with contact. There is a link to the wiring diagram as well.
https://www.cabooseind.com/product-info

Back