Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Layout # 7

Part 2

This was a fun layout as
it incorporates logging and mining. No towns, no lights, just the two industries and a couple of camps. Funny how things cause an evolution in my modeling career. Health and finer details made logging and mining more important than towns and paved roads. Jim:)

Climax Final.jpgN scale Climax.

to the top of log mountain1.jpgtop of Log Mountain

logging operations1.jpgLogging operations

Hooking up again.jpgHooking up the mining train

It's interesting, and fun, to watch the evolution of your modelling, Jim. A thought occured to me vis-a-vis P/b. As part of the "contract" we have with these free accounts, IIRC, we give them the right to use our pictures as they see fit. As I suspect, most who use that site would do so because of it's 3rd party sharing that we enjoyed, now that we can't, we delete the ones we have stored there. It is after all, a two way street.

Yeah. It seems that a lot of things go in that direction as we get older. I used to really enjoy a trip into the city, now I'm more than happy staying in the country and away from the millions of people and the filth of a city.

Thanks guys. Toot if I knew how I would delete them. Of course as soon as I do they will go back to allowing 3rd party posting. It is nice that they think I've made a dime on my work with them? Jim:eek:

Thanks for the link Toot very interesting. In fact I know of this Taz climb. I was in Darwin playing golf with a local and somehow climbing came up. He mentioned this climb, but I tuned him out when he said it was a 100 miles to get to it! My climbing days were before digital and all on slides. I thought about a comparable climb I've done and came up with one from my home state. North Ridge Direct on Mount Stuart. I took some photos of the route and climb from the internet, don't know another way. Check them out. Jim:eek:

IMG_0821.jpg3000 feet.

IMG_0823.jpgHalf way.

IMG_0822.jpgNear the top.

IMG_0824.jpgA few more meters.

Why does anyone do it?.......I know, I know....'cause it's there! I noted that Ed Hillary regarded that Tassie mountain, as the only one in Australia, worthy of being called one. It's a rough piece of work though.

Layout 7

Part 3

Last of N
scale here.

Fall Freight.jpgFall freight

Cliff Preview2_Painterly.jpgHi, my name is Cliff, drop over and see me sometime.

mill pond.jpgMill Pond

High Lake Snow.jpgHigh lake snow dusting

This is it for N scale. This layout took me right into the beginning of this thread. So I guess I did about 10 layouts, plus other stuff. Next up, a couple of items that I either first contributed to the hobbie and simple builds. Jim:eek:

OKAY, we are within 5000 views of 750,000. Thanks to you all, and give yourself a thanks for putting up with photobucket greed.

What I will have is a drawing. My wife will draw from a container with names on chits. Looking back to contributors either dead or alive I've decided to give each of you a number of chits based on my perceived idea of your participation here. ie. Toot gets 10 chits, Edsland may get 7 chits, and so on. I have not decided whether there will a second or third place. First prize will be one of my photos mounted on canvas. It will be signed and dated. While I have sold photos from time to time no one except the winner will have this particular one. I will show the picture next week. Jim:cool:

What ever way you decide its most generous of you, and might I add old # 70 has a prominent spot on my layout with a couple 1890 passenger cars.

CONTEST 750,000 VIEWS.

I went back about 20 pages and compiled a list of names eligible for the grand prize drawing. Contestants are: Bruette, rlundy90, Bushel86, Toot, WaltP, LynnB, Sirfoldalot, Railrunner, Edsland, dmirguy, beiland, Old Smokey.

Three of the names get 9 chits in the hat. Three get 6 chits, and the remainder get 3 chits.

BASIC RULES: Three chits will be drawn on the day we hit 750,000 views. The 3rd chit drawn will be the Grand Prize winner and eligible for this signed photo.

IMG_0829.jpgClick to make larger. Trust me this photo is really good in real life. 12"x16"

If the Grand Prize winner does not want it the 2nd chit drawn will have the photo if he wants it. If not it goes to the 1st pick. There are NO other prizes this time. If we get to a million and I'm still alive someone will get most of my railroad collection! Jim:eek:

Okay! Never thought I would see this. Congratulations. I will make up the chits today, my wife comes home at 1630 PDT here. And I will have her draw the three chits. Jim:D

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Third chit drawn was Edsland.
Second chit was Toot, third chit was Rlundy90

If Edsland doesn't want it, it goes to Toot, then if necessary to Rlundy90.

Winner should send me your name, address, via Private Messages. Thanks to you all. It means a lot to me to be able to do this what with all the hassles lately. Jim;)

Back