Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Good for you. I thought I had him figured out, but he got me here.
Happy birthday Jim, and congratulations on another layouts completion. And, how else am I going to keep myself amused. I have been known to laugh out loud at the movies, when a very serious scene has prompted me to see the funny side (or ridiculous) to it.

Remember this scene. Probably finished but it looks good to go.
DSC00182 (2).JPG

Another masterpiece, JIM!
I have to take the Spousal Unit to the airport on Sunday and pick her up the following Sunday.
I'll see if I can work a side trip by - I'll have to resort to dead reckoning navigation as the red car was wrecked a while back and this one does not have navigation in it.

Another masterpiece, JIM!
I have to take the Spousal Unit to the airport on Sunday and pick her up the following Sunday.
I'll see if I can work a side trip by - I'll have to resort to dead reckoning navigation as the red car was wrecked a while back and this one does not have navigation in it.
Mission Gorge Road. The Highlands. I'll be here.

Last edited:
So, here are two photos that show the layout from the normal perspective. Sherrel didn't show up this past weekend and too bad for him. Scenically this is my best layout. All my 4'x8' layout have been different and I'm not a real fan of Eastern Woodlands railroads, but I gave it a try. While this layout is special and belongs in a museum type environment where a train can simply go round and round for the enjoyment of the people. I've added so many trees, ALL I had, that access to "playing trains" is limited; thus a display layout. This suits me and to be reasonable in someone's house they would probably have to take out many trees. I haven't counted them, but if you want you can figure it out. The result is a layout for those of us who like scenery and trees. Visually looking from the layout at all angles is actually quite a treat. Remember this layout is on casters and can be spun around 360 degrees. More closeup
P1000178 (2)_Vibrant.jpg
P1000179 (2)_Vibrant.jpg
photos later.

Last edited:
Awesome looking, JIM.
I didn't think you wanted me to stop the other morning - it would have been around 5 AM as I dropped the Spousal Unit off at the A/P for a 6 AM departure. No excuse - I should have called you.
I have to pick her up Monday evening ... I have not been told the flight nor time as of now. (originally Today, but things change.)
She is traveling on a "pass" (former employee free transport), but "standby" (if there is a vacant seat remaining).
Hang loose - Will let you know if the times work out?

Falling off the edge the world.....
Patrick, Back in the Fall of 1970, myself and two others fell off an ice cliff. I went down 300 feet. Obviously I made it out alive as did the others. Not without major loss blood for all. Those where the days. However, I NEVER fell again!

Last edited:

Back