Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
When are you starting the next, last layout? Just kidding. Love your work.

Yes, this is the last one, I promise. I've taken all the photos I want so this layout's days are numbered; like all the rest. All my stuff is for sale. I have N scale trees still to get rid of. It is all going cheap or in the garbage.

puffing along

2019-11-12 sony test (2).jpg

As a new member and total beginner in model railroading, this is now my go to thread to garner an education on layout building and artistry. I've just spent the last hours studying your magic, and I'm only on page 8.
I thank you for your wonderful ability to teach and your generous sharing capacity. Your work is magnificent.

As a new member and total beginner in model railroading, this is now my go to thread to garner an education on layout building and artistry. I've just spent the last hours studying your magic, and I'm only on page 8.
I thank you for your wonderful ability to teach and your generous sharing capacity. Your work is magnificent.

McLeod, Thank you for the kind words. You probably noticed that this site has over 1,100,000 hits. This site is buried in Model Railroad Forums on purpose. I don't need to be out in the world for pay, or anything else. Since no model railroad site has more hits, I think, and others think, it is pretty good.

Some info for you. It is listed in the HO Forums because in the beginning I did have an HO layout or two. If you keep going you will discover all you really need to know about this hobby. I will mention that electrics is not my forte and learned what I do know through many trials and errors. Also you find that a company called Photobucket stole my photos and those of others, and hold them to ransom. Keep reading and learning, get what you can from the watermarked photos. As you progress through you will see my layouts in Z, N, HO, and finally On30. You will learn from each scale so keep on going and work through it all. I'm old and not in the best condition these days, but if I'm not here to answer any questions you have some of the regulars will help you out. This is a great hobby and will fill a lifetime. Enjoy. Jim

Last edited:

Back