Building a new railroad...

AndyWS

...section for my web site, that is. I decided to remedy the fact that the site did not have much train stuff. I thought this would be the best place for this post since the site will feature primarily "prototypical" trains.

http://sphs.angeltowns.net/A_R_Wehrle/railroad/railroad.html

It's incomplete (all the links are still dead-end tracks) but some sample photos on the main page and the sound effects are up. This is a sneak preview since there is not yet a link to the section from the other parts of the site.

Nice. I like the photos you do have up so far, esp. that IC E-unit. Do you also plan to do any modeling as well?

CSX_road_slug said:
Nice. I like the photos you do have up so far, esp. that IC E-unit. Do you also plan to do any modeling as well?

Thanks, glad you like them. :) However, there is no IC E-unit, unless by IC you mean something other than Illinois Central. The diesel on the left is a Milwaukee Road E9, and the one on the right is a Wisconsin & Calumet FP7. I do some modeling in HO and N scale, although neither layout is very extensive. I posted my entire HO scale roster in the scale-specific forum earlier.

I'm scanning away, I'll probably have at least one page up within the next day.

AndyWS said:
Thanks, glad you like them. :) However, there is no IC E-unit, unless by IC you mean something other than Illinois Central. The diesel on the left is a Milwaukee Road E9, and the one on the right is a Wisconsin & Calumet FP7.
OOPS....! That's what happens when I "guess" on something <LOL> I just remembered seeing an AHM model of an Illinois Central E8 ages ago, that looked similar to that brown-and-orange covered wagon.

Rock River Thresheree page is up. The two missing images are going to be stills from video. My video capture hardware is down so I can't put those up yet.

Thanks for the offer, BNSF dude; but I'm not doing that one. I'm just keeping it to ones I've been to.

Sorry, jbaakko, but I'm a steam freak, so that page got priority. It's not finished yet, as I still have to do the pictures for #1003, and the picture of Pacific #2713 and another locomotive that I plan to add will be stills from video-but my video capture hardware is broken so that will have to wait until I get some new equipment.

Most of the pictures are there though, so steam fans enjoy!

Back