Building a CTC panel for the railroad

NC&StL

I will be using these with Tortoise switch machines on the new and improved TAG Railway.

CTC Panel 1.jpg CTC Panel 2.jpg

Well, the hardest part so far, was getting the panel laid out for drilling the holes. I used 12v lights from China/ebay, Oak brand rotary switches set up for two positions only, these were scrounged from my ham radio stash, I ordered the knobs from Allied, and had Specialty Stamp & Sign in Florida make the vinyl switch plates. The color (Rustoleum spray can) is the closest I could come to the pictures of Union Switch and Signal panels that I have seen in pictures.The wiring will be the simple reverse polarity offered in the Tortoise instruction sheet. I figure this and a meter panel showing the voltage and current for the street lights, building lights, etc, and another for the DCC "juice" will give my grandsons (and me) a little more reality feel when operating. I will also be using Ron Paisley detectors to light the track plan on another panel that I have yet to build.

You have done a lot of work to get your panel to this stage then. I am looking forward to your Track Plan beginning though and will follow that with keen interest as that is something that I have been considering doing for my layout as well. How to do it is another matter though :)

Rob, and any one else interested, the switch plates are yours to use. Send an email to Sean at Specialty Stamp in Florida. sean@specialtystamp.com) He is set up for PayPal, and is VERY inexpensive. I paid initially for the set up and did the art work, so all you have to do it cut them and apply them to your surface. (He did not have a die to cut them - no big deal).
Ask for the model railroad switch decal he did for me or send him this:
Switch template single.jpg

73's Rob
W4RFM

Last edited by a moderator:

Back