Bud Of california?

SD45T-2

Can someone share some info about this company?

All i could find is that they are now owned by Dole.
My layout is Late 80's,I have one trailer,and wouldlike to use it.

Hey,

If you haven't seen it already, check out Frankieboys "Watsonville Junction" thread in virtual tours - He's got a Bud of CA truck on an overpass - Very nice.

Beyond that, what do you want to know? - They're based in Salinas, CA and as noted are now part of the Dole empire - Lots of fruit!....

Having said that, "bud" here in CA typically suggests our #1 cash crop - cannabis!..... :D Maybe change their herald to a big ol' pot leaf and they'd be super successful ;)

Cheers,
Ian

Hey,

If you haven't seen it already, check out Frankieboys "Watsonville Junction" thread in virtual tours - He's got a Bud of CA truck on an overpass - Very nice.

Beyond that, what do you want to know? - They're based in Salinas, CA and as noted are now part of the Dole empire - Lots of fruit!....

Having said that, "bud" here in CA typically suggests our #1 cash crop - cannabis!..... :D Maybe change their herald to a big ol' pot leaf and they'd be super successful ;)

Cheers,
Ian

I wanted to know what there timeline, on there 40'' trailers?

Thanks Ian,

IIRC Bud started as a family farming outfit in holland. If later had farm fields in california and was a well know exporter/importer of vegtables. Not sure what they focus on today?

For interstate.... 40' trailes were common from the mid 60s to about the mid 90s. 48' was popular untill the current 53' became standard. some states only allow 53' on state routes. Because of these rules 48' (and shorter)are still used to move on restricted streets.

Hey,

Cheers,
Ian

Say Fast_Ian: Is that kind-a like saying, 'This Bud's for You'?!

Say Fast_Ian: Is that kind-a like saying, 'This Bud's for You'?!

:D

Round here, I'd say there's about a 50/50 chance whether you'd be handed a beer or a joint ;) [And you'd be more likely to be lectured on the evils of alcohol than pot!..... :)]

Sorry for the hijack.

Cheers,
Ian

IIRC Bud started as a family farming outfit in holland. If later had farm fields in california and was a well know exporter/importer of vegtables. Not sure what they focus on today?

For interstate.... 40' trailes were common from the mid 60s to about the mid 90s. 48' was popular untill the current 53' became standard. some states only allow 53' on state routes. Because of these rules 48' (and shorter)are still used to move on restricted streets.

Thank you for the Lineage on the company,But Regarding the size of Trailers, I was asking When did BUD use there Trailers, Not The rest of the Transportation Industry,and you forgot the 45''.

Thank you for the Lineage on the company,But Regarding the size of Trailers, I was asking When did BUD use there Trailers, Not The rest of the Transportation Industry,and you forgot the 45''.

Seeing as their still trading, why not just e-mail them and ask?!?

http://www.dole.com/ContactUs/tabid/965/Default.aspx

Bud of California, Dole Food Company, Inc, Dole Food
315 Neponset Road
Salinas, CA 93908-9232
Phone: (831) 633-3698
www.dole.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If I understand your question of when they used the trailers... they used the semi trailer to transport fresh food from the farm/prossessing facility to the exporting facility. not sure if the food was boxed, bagged, preservaitves added etc...in the trailer ready to ship or not. most were refer trailers not containers so I figure it was mostly OTR trucking or fast intermodal freight.... I also left out 57' trailers ;)

Round here, I'd say there's about a 50/50 chance whether you'd be handed a beer or a joint ;) [And you'd be more likely to be lectured on the evils of alcohol than pot!..... :)]

Sorry for the hijack.

Cheers,
Ian

This is a model railroading forum, right????
I live in northern California, Humboldt County. Fast Ian, I think it is safe to say you are hanging out with the wrong kind of people. Really.....

Sorry for the hijack.

Cheers,
Ian

Ha ha! This must have been a LONG time ago.

Back