brite-boy

joed2323

Where can i find this at? I went to walmart, home.depot, kmart, a local hobby shop that doesnt carry much of what i like. I asked at home depot and they looked at me like i made up the name..

I know there is lots of different ways to clean up track, just trying to find something other then my finger nail and a rag or a razor blade wrapped in a rag to clean up my track after i weather it. Yes i know it cleans up quick if i wipe off when wet..

Where to find a brite-boy at? Do i have to order online or can i find this at a chain store somewhere?

Try Walthers. Its one of their products. You can also use one of those old typewriter erasers, if you can find one.

Keep in mind when using any abrasive product to clean your track, it leaves behind the resulting dust for your mode wheels to pick up. If you do use an abrasive cleaner, be sure to wipe down the rails with a cloth after, to pick up the dust. I've always used alcohol on a rag, and always comes up dark and dirty so I know its working.

The other problem w/ abrasive type track cleaners is they leave scratches on the railhead which collects dirt & oil. So it a briteboy really makes things worse. Use a piece of Masonite or other non abrasive type and follow up w/ an alcohol wipe down.

No one has mentioned this but it should be made clear that a brite boy is actually a model railroad product and not a type of household product that we model railroaders use in our hobby.

Therefore, the best place(s) to find brite boy cleaning blocks is from a hobby shop or online model railroad dealer.

Another place to buy a briteboy is at MR shows but so can the much better for your track non abrasive type rubbing tools.

seriously, on good Nickel Silver track the issue is minimal. On softer brass track it is more of an issue (but still minor). I've had one mounted under a boxcar for 20+ years. Any so called damage is minmal.

Back