Bringing old cars back ..

Aerojet

If you have been into model railroads since forever, you have some really old cars, like going back to the 70's.... don't you?

Curious as to whom is still running Walther's Oscar and Piker in the original wood kits? Or Walther's original 70 foot car based on the CP super's car?

Here is my line up of those cars from the way back machine ...

C3CBBsg.jpg

ON the far left is the original Oscar, car #1 - still in it's original colors of a blue body and orange roof. Next to that is car #2 the 70 foot car. The next one is car #3 the piker again in original colors. #4 thru 6 were lost in a fire --- Car #7 is another Walther's car now in rebuilding in the new color scheme of blue body and gray roof, and on the end is car #8 not a Walther's car, but something I kit bashed to look like one.

Car #2 has that infamous plastic roof which warps badly. The car was originally lit, but the warped roof was causing the light to leak out all over and I never got it to work right. Car #8 has LED lighting in a Walther's strip unit. Cars #1 and #3 just have a bulb high in the car and light up nice.

I also have the newer plastic O & P in Amtrak paint -- but those get run from time to time. This is just the pike's own -- "Royal Point and Western" paint scheme.

Lastly on the very end, at the far right is a Athearn Hustler, originally used to pull the O & P - yes it is a rubber band drive. I had quite a few of those when I started out, and now am running totally DCC ...

So do you have any of the old Walther's cars still around? Still running them?

The Aerojet

Back