Bowser Spine Cars

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I've been tracking the new order of Bowser Spine Cars since last Feb when they announced the newbatch and pre orders were being taken. Delivery would be in April. May rolled around then July then eventually October. Bowser didn't know when the new batch would be in. I stopped in at MainLine Hobbies in Summit, PA today and there in the freight car section was several boxes of Bowser three unit spine cars. I bought three sets. Got home and opened them up to prep them for service. I found all three sets had a broken truck on the top unit in each box. the rim inside the truck that keeps it from slipping off the mount screw was broken. I had a box of spare freight trucks so I was able to do a quick swap and put them into service. It's almost a hundred miles back up to Mainline Hobbies so I wasn't about to travel all the way back up there.
0106201900c.jpg

I guess if it was summer it be nothing to take a bike ride up there or maybe even 500 miles to the Big E.
George

I had sent an email to Mainline Hobbies to let them know what I found. Brian responded that he went through the remaining sets that he had and found several others with the same defect. He would contact Bowser for repair parts to fix them.

Back