Bought A Compound Miter Saw Last Night!

Exit109GTI

Got a $200 Craftsman 10" LaserTrac compount miter saw last night for only $150! Benchwork here we come! Now I just gotta get a combination square, and a countersink bit for my drill and I can start building.

The hard part is deciding on a track plan etc....

All right!!! Please post pictures as you go. I love seeing the great stuff people can do with tools. I love tools. I can get excited over a new pack of sandpaper. :D :D :D

Well that certainly will be a well used tool before the benchwork is completed. I only wish I had purchased one before I started on mine. LOL I have two of them now after I finished the benchwork is all finished (I can only hope). The bench saw was good but not near the precision cuts of the compound miter saw.

13.gif
Willis

Compound Miter Saw was the first item purchased when I started the BV&BR. Make things so-o-o-o-o-o-o much easier.

I bought the cheaper version a few weeks ago. I'm not using it for the layout yet, but I can see the possibilities.

Kennedy

We just had hardwood floors installed in my house (after a flood destroyed everything) and I got to see the installers in action. I saw a few things that can be done with a table saw I never thought possible. So, I'm hoping when the time comes to do the layout construction for my portable empire, I'll be able to use my table saw to do much of the work. A compound miter saw sounds good, though, as does a radial arm saw, a replacement bandsaw, a drill press....

Hi ryan, I built my bench work with a table saw. It's cheapie one I purchased back in the late 60's. The blade wobbeld a bit so the cuts weren't as accurate as I now get with the compound miter saws but still I'm happy with the results. The more modern bench saws will most likely make a more accurate cut than my golden oldie.
Cheers Willis

I'm building a deck and a fence in the spring, and doing all the molding in my house, so I splurged. Of course my layouts had atleast something to do with the purchase ;)

so I splurged. Of course my layouts had atleast something to do with the purchase
LOL, I wish I had the foresight to buy mine prior building the layout, it could have saved me a few $$. I was building a deck when I bought the first one ( 8 inch), which I had to make 2 cuts to angle a 4" board. The following year, ( still building the deck) when a 10" was on sale I bought one, oh! well live and learn, :D
13.gif
Willis

Back