Bogenville Terminal Ry.

efram

Bogenville Terminal Ry. UPDATED

Site updated today! Please have a look, with more articles to come. My apologies for the hiatus in activity. I have moved into my first home and it took a lot of time and energy to set up shop.

Thanks for all the pageviews :)

Hi Everyone,

First off, I have to extend a heart-felt thanks to everyone who has viewed and commented on my work. Without your encouragement and compliments, all I see is the errors. You all make me strive to build more and better models.

I am finally ready to make my blog site public. I have far from all of my models posted. The site will be updated over the next few months.

http://bogenvilleterminalrailway.blogspot.com/

I would love to hear your feedback about the blog. Wether it be formatting, content or just plain grammar/punctuation... LET 'ER RIP! (FYI, I will be replacing most of the non-diorama shots shortly.)

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Efram

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Efram... the content looks great but the coloured text on coloured backgrounds doesn't work well... less is more in this regard and plain black text on a white background is clean, elegant and more easily read!

Great work :)

Paul
Western Australia

I didn't like the colored backgrounds for the trains description text, I think that a black text over one solid background would look nicer. I've always liked black text over white background. I feel the multiple colors were distracting. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. I've edited the text, and ya'll were right. So much easier to read in plain formatting. I've added CPR 8530. More to come!

Hope you don't mind the criticism but on the text for the SD45 on 11April, there are two different sized fonts and some of the description is cut off. I don't know if anyone else sees the cut off but on the second paragraph it looks like "This unit was a relatively _______ from a kitbashing point of view." Just trying to help.

I'm noticing that blogspot does present formatting issues at times. When I go to edit the page layout, there is no conflict between the pics and text.... "save & publish," and that's what happens.

Anyone have suggestions on better blog sites? Haha

Thanks. It's a work in progress. A few more changes made. I decided to use my own photo for the background.

I'll do most any railroad that a client wants. I have a couple of EJ&E SD38s on the bench as of today. One of the main reasons to get into this "business" was the opportunity to expand my repertoire and to also have fun painting locos and rolling stock that isn't within my modeling era.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting pics of a couple of Soo Line SD's within a week.

Efram

That Atlas MP15DC looks great!! And the CP Rail big alco is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see my SD38s when they are finished.

For anybody interested, Efram is painting a pair of EJ&E SD38s for me and I highly recommend him if you are in need of some custom work.

Dave

Bump with updates. Dave's SD38s are on display!
IMG_2960.jpg

Back