BNSF: What's happening at Fullerton Junction - pix!

Hey gang,

Now that I got some pages up showing my modest photography skills, take a look at whats happening at Fullerton. The BNSF (Burlington-Northern/Santa Fe) mainline runs right through the station and what a joy it is to see the traffic daily. Also, restoration on old coaches and cabooses go on around the clock. The Fullerton Railroad Days brings old timers to the station once a year. Plans for a future railroad museum is pending.

These images have retained their large pixel format, so use your highest resolution available and you too will believe you are trackside!

http://www.qualitymodelrailroads.com/BNSF_Railway/BNSF_index.html

Yea the BNSF line is about 15 min away from my place and I've seen alot more freight traffic there than I have in a long time.

Yea the BNSF line is about 15 min away from my place and I've seen alot more freight traffic there than I have in a long time.

Howdy Nick!

I have really taken a liking to the BNSF the last several years. I ride my bike to the tracks for excercise and enjoy trainwatching. Also, if I am in Fullerton at the rail station, I bring my digital camera and enjoy taking photos of the different consists that come and go. There is a lot of commuter traffic now in Orange County (the "got to have a vehicle" capital of the world) where more people are taking public transport to bypass the freeways.
So this means lots of F59s, an occasional rebuild F40 series (usually with MetroLink), Dash 8s, Dash 9, AC4400s and some odds and ends that the BNSF has picked up from Southern roads.

My favorite "trains" are the drag freights--but I am not one for intermodal. I love the almost daily "rare" sights like oil /chemical consists with the newer long tankers or the really rare treat of a full boxcar consist! Who would of thought that the boxcar would be a real treat to see on a passing freight?

I am constantly riding around looking for new train watching sights for another set of photos to get.

Man that sounds like fun to have a chance to see all of that stuff, all of the trains on the BNSF line I see come zipping through are big freight trains usually carrying semi-trailers, a few with car haulers and assorted other cars.

So this means lots of F59s, an occasional rebuild F40 series (usually with MetroLink), Dash 8s, Dash 9, AC4400s and some odds and ends that the BNSF has picked up from Southern roads.
The Metrolink units are not F40's, but rather F59PH & F59PHI's. A PH has the boxy look, the PHI is the more aerodynamic one. The only F40's you'll see would be the Coaster units

Back