S

schul4

Pics of my HO MTH BNSF SD70ACe
2627497_l.JPG

2627498_l.JPG

2586971_l.JPG

2586972_l.JPG

:cool:

Thanks, you really can see the detail in those big pictures.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh perfect, I just got the exact same loco today!! Damn this thing is impressive. Gonna have fun tonight!!

Question: Can you change the ditch lighting effects?

I know you can run this thing on DCC (I have an NCE system), and you can still run a universal consist, which is fine by me. I might be picking up another one in a couple of weeks.

btw, I have the exact same road number too! :D

HOW??? I have the Powercab and they are the exact same throttle! Please tell me how?

HOW??? I have the Powercab and they are the exact same throttle! Please tell me how?

It's in the manual, really easy, all you have to do is go through the cab setup, by unplugging it, then press and hold down the loco select button and plug in your cab. Then it will walk you through the setup, when you get to the OPTIONS set that to a value of 122, and then just accept all what ever you had before.

Now, when you hit the OPTIONS button, you will see F10-F19, and hit it again for F20-F28.

Then say you want to go to F15 (the extended startup), hit OPTIONS, then the 5 button.

Geeeeeezus, I've been playing with this thing all night, damn cool stuff!!

I can't get the extended address to program though, trying the OPS mode programming on the main. It just won't take, tried several times. Where you able to program with the extended address with your NCE?

Last edited by a moderator:
ii'm nor sure about the ditch lights. I know that you can just have the top headlight on.

It's in the manual, really easy, all you have to do is go through the cab setup, by unplugging it, then press and hold down the loco select button and plug in your cab. Then it will walk you through the setup, when you get to the OPTIONS set that to a value of 122, and then just accept all what ever you had before.

Now, when you hit the OPTIONS button, you will see F10-F19, and hit it again for F20-F28.

Then say you want to go to F15 (the extended startup), hit OPTIONS, then the 5 button.

Geeeeeezus, I've been playing with this thing all night, damn cool stuff!!

I can't get the extended address to program though, trying the OPS mode programming on the main. It just won't take, tried several times. Where you able to program with the extended address with your NCE?

On the MTH manual, or the Power/Pro cab?

sorry it ttok so long to answer. There is a 2 page programming explanation that I printed off from the MTH website.

NCE power and procab can access the full 28 functions. They'e pretty neat for awhile.
I personally quickly got bored with it and stuck with the basic sounds before changing the decoders.

Are these the DCC ready models without the sound? I'm wavering on pre-ordering the D&RGW model ... which DCC decoder would be recommended for this loco (I have a Bachmann DCC system for now)? Can sound be added later? Would it make more sense, if I want DCC operations, to look for one of the Heritage models instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is the BNSF SD70ACe that has the MTH decoder/sound, and it works really good. I don't miss anything, or at least I don't care about the differences between the MTH version and the regular DCC.

I mean, I can still have 4 locos in a Universal Consist. I'm getting that MTH D&RGW with MTH's decoder/sound when they become available.

I really like the loco I have now. I can't wait for Athearn to release there version.

Are these the DCC ready models without the sound? I'm wavering on pre-ordering the D&RGW model ... which DCC decoder would be recommended for this loco (I have a Bachmann DCC system for now)? Can sound be added later? Would it make more sense, if I want DCC operations, to look for one of the Heritage models instead?

I don't believe that the DCC ready versions are available yet. When they are you an place a sound or non-sound version in them. I used the Tsunami in my conversions but QSI makes a great product as well.

Nice pictures. LOL I have you as a freind on youtube I am UP5140SD70M

Back