BNSF derailment, San Diego (Mar 16th)

Only problem here, is they don't own the track they derailed on, and they brought commuter trains to a halt!

ooosh. CP and CN own the tracks of the 2 metra lines i take to and from work. if those Canadians decide to throw their cars around like that, I (and lots others) will be screwed! at least this one happened after everybody got home. 7:30AM would be bad time for derailments

Yeah. 3 Empty autoracks got left behind.

This derailment is the 2nd one I've "witnessed" on the hill. Its about 6 miles from my house.

A few days before that the Diego derailed pulling into the B-yard at San Berdo. The rail rolled over towards the very rear of the train and put 2 cars in the dirt. Luckily the brakeman was at the rear to spot it up and saw it in time to tell the engineer to stop. Coulda been a huge mess in the b-yard. I gotta a few pix on my cell that day while we were switching but nuthing worth posting.

Weird its a few hundred yards from where I'm sitting right now at work. See this section on lunch break alot, just past Creative Deli. beautiful section.
Ive been thinking of taking some good rail pics around here, missed this one I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back