BNSF 3606 SW1000 Switcher.

Hi everyone.

I stopped by the hobby store in Omaha on 8106 Maple Street and bought me an HO Scale BNSF 3606 SW1000 Switcher Locomotive. Here you go. Oh BTW. This is an Athearn Ready to Roll Unit. I love this Engine.

BNSF3606SW1000SWITCHERLOCOMOTIVE006.png

BNSF3606SW1000SWITCHERLOCOMOTIVE004.png

BNSF3606SW1000SWITCHERLOCOMOTIVE003.png

BNSF3606SW1000SWITCHERLOCOMOTIVE002.png

BNSF3606SW1000SWITCHERLOCOMOTIVE001.png

Later Modelers.

Allan, my wife bought me the same unit for our Anniversary, they're some beautiful units! Great purchase!

Allan, my wife bought me the same unit for our Anniversary, they're some beautiful units! Great purchase!
Why thank you Sir :)

Nice purchas Allan. The House of Trains is a great place!
Thank you Brad. I don't shop there that much. I will now. :)

Good looking unit. I like the Radio Shack 2096 in the background too. :)
That was because I was changing Antenna's on the Radio :) Thanks you all for the comments.

Allan,

Ive been thinking of checking out house of trains the next time im in omaha, do they have a decent selection of HO scale stuff?

Just pointing this out here, but you can see wires through the cab windows, you might want to tint those.

Great-looking model though, how much did it cost?

EDIT: Never mind, that's just really good cab detailing. Lol I need to get me one of those.

Thank you everyone for nice comments. Athearn has gotten alot better over the years with the fine details on these models. That is why they cost so much more.

heres one i did of a older sw ,i hand painted this one.added the yellow decals and markings.left the tanks silver.my first paint job.

thanks just love the pumpkins,we have the huey p long bridge here just sit there and watch pull that bridge,hear that power.can"t ask for no better sight.

Allan,

Ive been thinking of checking out house of trains the next time im in omaha, do they have a decent selection of HO scale stuff?
Yes! He does have alot of great stuff though. I am going back when I get some extra spending money. But you will pay full price for the models that you buy. I payed 80 bucks for my BNSF Engine. But look what you get. Very fine highly detailed Locomotives. Take what you can get and enjoy :)

Back