BN Allen Sub Update March 06

speent

Hello again fellow modelers and browsers. Just wanted to give an update on the BN Allen Sub.

Since my last update (introduction) last November I have been pretty busy.
There have been 3 Ops sessions, the latest using car cards and waybills. All towns and other action areas are mostly functional with regards to Ops.
There is no scenery yet.

Allen Yard- tracks in and yard functioning. Robert already complained its too small, despite his expert Yardmaster ability to keep cars flowing in and out. See picture of the yardmaster in action!

Allen Center- engine facility off to a good start.

East Allen- Crossovers added, as well as spurs. Nearly all structures here are mockups.

Port of Allen- Tracks and mock structures in.

Lots of new rolling stock! Check out my recent postings in the photos section.

I would like to thank members of my "Crew" for making ops sessions fun and all the cool rolling stock - Josh B., Josh D., Drew M., Richard Z., my sons Chad and Bo, and especially Robert S. You guys know who you are and let me say- you rock!

Perhaps the most rewarding part of this hobby is having friends looking forward to seeing new things, and watching my railroad operate.

I would also like to thank the good people on this forum for your information, encouragement, questions, comments, and other input.

Looking forward to advancing things farther.:cool:

Looking great there Brent. I was shocked when i walked in to the room the other day. So many neat things have happend. To bad I have to go back to California. Can't wait till I come back and help you with that bad boy.

Wow Neat Layout bud,Why do you have Boxs for the Buildings for,are these just temporarly Buildings.And plan too get actual HO ones.

looking good Brent, that's a good size layout you have there, i wish my 18' x 9' was just a couple feet wider so i could come up the middle.
The way you have set up the boxes and tin's is a good way to set up the track to fit round the industry's, in MR a while back there was a guy who photocopied kit wall sections and stuck them on card to help plan the layout.

BNSF4723 said:
Wow Neat Layout bud,Why do you have Boxs for the Buildings for,are these just temporarly Buildings.And plan too get actual HO ones.

Thanks alot for the nice compliment. Yes- I do intend to replace the mock structures with actual models eventually. The boxes allow me do ops and get a feel for each scene before I commit to anything permanent.

Good idea. No need to invest in expensive building at the get-go only to discover your trackplan won't support what that building represents.

Kennedy

Looks nice. I'd be alittle concerned about those stacked canned goods toppling over onto the rolling stock though....

Brent, nice work!
You sure those aren't MY trains your running?
You're right, we're pretty close in that respect!
Wish I could make it by for an op night...
Rico

Great Photos!!! I wish my Mom and Dad would let me have a layout like that so I could model the line I live along.

Rico said:
Brent, nice work!
You sure those aren't MY trains your running?
You're right, we're pretty close in that respect!
Wish I could make it by for an op night...
Rico

Your more than welcome if you live close enough to Rochester, WA:)

Unfortunatley I live about as far North from Rochester as you can get, without hitting any polar bears! well okay, not quite that far...
Thanx for the imvite tho!

Back