Blind programming

julienjj

Noodle is good
I have a loco that i forgot the decoder address. I havent been able to reprogram the address with my Super empire builder. I know im doing it wrong:) and the manual isnt really clear about programming a loco that you dont have the address

What brand of decoder is it? Most of them have a way of resetting all the CV's to factory default values. then the address will be back at #3, and you can proceed from there like when it was a brand-new decoder. The manual should describe how to do a factory reset...

the problem is, programming must be directed toward an address (wich i dont have) and i havent found the programming mode that broadcast cv to all decoder present on the programming track, regardless of the address

On the programming track it doesn't have to be directed to an address. Only 1 loco should be on the program track at a time and it will take anything you throw at it.
Make sure you use a small section of track and hook it up to the program track terminals. The controller should be in the right mode as well

Locos will be programmed on the programming track regardless of address.

If you want to program all locos on the layout, program in OPS mode with no address selected.

Back