Bill Scobie's Rio Grande Southern in Sn3

N

NP2626

This is a series of videos produced by a Chris Lyon who's videos are under his CNLVN nomenclature. This is far and away the best series on the Rio Grande Southern that I have seen and makes me want to get out of HO and go for Sn3. It appears that Bill Scobie is a very personable guy and I think you get pretty much a whole look at his railroad and how he builds things. There is also a Tutorial Guide done by Chris on painting Mountainous back drops. I don't know if I have watched every video as there are so many.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you click on Chris's CNLVN logo it will take you to all of the videos that Chris has produced.

Nice layout and video. Backdrop is great. I've been viewing Chris Lyons' videos for years now; he does a nice job.

I wish that Model Railroader; or, some other written magazine would do an article on Bill's layout, as I would really love to see a layout plan of his Rio Grande Southern. It looks like it pretty much takes up all the room in where ever Bill has built it.

I keep coming back to Bll's layout and am totally fascinated with Sn3 and the Rio Grande Southern. If I was back in my 40s or 50s I would consider tearing out my HO layout and building a new Sn3 Rio Grande Southern layout.

Back