Big Boy Locomotive Art.

Ericsauto

This has to be the pride and joy of my train collection. This picture is 4 feet by 2 feet in size. My friend's son is an incredible artist. I have always loved the "Big Boy" locomotive and about a year ago I ask him to make me one. Today he brought this to me after he attempted it three times and took a year to make. I want you to look close, zoom in on it. He competes in Duct Tape art. Yes, this 4x2 picture is 100% duct tape. The detail is incredible. He says it was his best work ever and hated to part with it but wanted me to have it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying it.

IMG_9260.jpeg

Amazing work! I don’t really understand what he’s done though? How do you get the various colors? Is it multiple layers and you cut into the layers? Is it paint? Something else? Interesting to know more.

You know those people who can tell you what day of the week it was April 1 1779? He has to be one of those who has talents beyond any normal being. Any other duck tape railroad art around anywhere?
George

Last edited:
Amazing work! I don’t really understand what he’s done though? How do you get the various colors? Is it multiple layers and you cut into the layers? Is it paint? Something else? Interesting to know more.

He got his start doing an intern with a company called " Duck Tape" ( https://www.duckbrand.com/) They make all colors of tape and special make tapes. He was an artist for them and made things for trade shows. I was only half-serious when I asked him to make it. Google Duck Tape art. you'll be surprised.

Here is another one of his works of art and the Artist himself. His name is Jake Brinkmann. Remeber that name , he may be famous.

1585838555587.png
1585838627322.png

Back