Berkshire 736 1950-51

sitka

Hello All, Just joined yesterday, Been in the Hobby since Birth, I have a Berk that I bought back in 2013, Does anyone have printed on the bottom of the steam chest in blue paint JAN. ? Just wondering if Lionel had done this for some odd reason, Kinda like what they did to the F-3 shells with a X carved in the shell. If anyone knows or has one be interested why? Thank You! Mark

100_1260.JPG

Hello All, Just joined yesterday, Been in the Hobby since Birth, I have a Berk that I bought back in 2013, Does anyone have printed on the bottom of the steam chest in blue paint JAN. ? Just wondering if Lionel had done this for some odd reason, Kinda like what they did to the F-3 shells with a X carved in the shell. If anyone knows or has one be interested why? Thank You! Mark
Did you buy it new in 2013? Or is this an older model?

I had a 1952? I believe model - The damn year they did not have magna-traction due to the Korean War.
It was not a very strong puller, but I do remember that there was nothing like that on the underside.

Hey Mark, welcome aboard!

I can't help you with that blue paint, I've never seen that, but I'm by no means a Lionel Post-War expert.

There are several books you might find in your local library that could, possibly help you.

I can tell you the Lionel 736 was made from 1950-1966 and it came with one of three different tenders, 2671WX, 2046W or 736W

Depending on condition the Lionel 736 Berkshire is worth between $150-$300, maybe a little more to the right collector.

Thanks 4 the Info, Have a few books nothing so far. Could be the original owner put it on, Maybe the month he bought it or when service was due.

Thanks Again

Thanks 4 the Info, Have a few books nothing so far. Could be the original owner put it on, Maybe the month he bought it or when service was due.

Thanks Again
Your welcome, sorry I could not be of more help.

It's hard to say, a lot can happen in 70 years.

Might be a consignment mark, if ever sold via consignment. Or, could be an owner's name if run on a club layout.

Back