Benchwork ideas for 5x8 with a 4x4 attachement.

bigken462

Good morning everyone. I'm in the early design stages of a new small HO layout. I'll be doing a 5X8 with a 4x4 attachment. Since this is going in a medium sized extra bedroom that I use for a office, I need to use caster wheels on my bench legs so that I can roll it out out a few feet to access the back of the track.

If anyone recalls any similar or recent past post on these small type moveable benches, could you please forward me a link so I can compare my plans to something others have used in the past?

I can't find a way to upload the .bmp or rr track files to the forum, is this still possible?

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

I can't help with any previous post/s re mobile layouts; however the uploading of pictures and files can be done one of two ways:

1. Via a 3rd party server such as Photobucket, or
2. Clicking the 3rd from the right icon above and following the steps.

Keep in mind that there maybe an initial delay with you being able to upload any pics/files

Just brace the legs really well. It will be best to have board going from leg to leg at the bottom. If the room is carpeted I have seen someone make ski's out of a 1X4 instead of using casters to slide the layout back and forth. There was an article in model railroader about this (long time ago).Steve

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking we could upload copies of files from rr-track planner? Perhaps it was another train forum. I did see the attachment uploader, however the website showed the rr-planner and bitmap file was invalid. It may have been the OGR forum I had used in the past to upload files to. Honestly, it's been a long time. In the future, I'll try to find a way to change the format to jpeg or something.

Ken's HO Layout 1.gif

Now, back to the point of the post, not sure if this will be viewable, but here is a rough table top plan. Yes the room is carpeted. Might be a bit big for a sled. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Back