Been working on my photography....

Littlefoot14

....and i think its looking pretty good! Id love to hear your opinions! :)
Heres some shots of my Athearn Genesis SD70ACe. Everything is done with a Sony Point and Shoot Camera. No tripod or special lighting.

121.png

122.jpg

123.png

130.png

131.png

132.jpg

152.png

Thanks for taking a look!!

They look very good.

I see you used a couple different cameras...Sony DSC H-10, and Canon A800. Did you do any special post-processing?

They look great. Are you shooting on automatic or a more manual setting like aperture priority. I would guess your using macro in some of the shots.
Doug

Do you have the ability to select the lens opening/aperture on your cameras? If so, the smallest one (probably f/8) will give you more depth of focus. Then focus near the back of the cab to get a better range of focus, as there is a lot of focus area in front of the model that is being "wasted". Check out my website for more tips and suggestions.

Thank you for the compliments and feedback everybody.

Tom- Everything you see is how i took them, i havent even cropped them yet, i was to excited to post them. I only used one camera, the Sony. Im curious, how did you know that?

Doug- Pardon my lack of knowledge regarding photography terms, but all i am doing is moving the camera around until im happy with the image, steadying myself, and then clicking the button. The camera setting i was using is called "Soft Snap". It gives the subject a nice crisp image with a faded background.

Bob- I dont believe i have the ability to change the f-stop (i believe thats what its called). Ill be sure to check out your website, taking pictures and having them come out like this is fun.

Thanks again!

I only used one camera, the Sony. Im curious, how did you know that?

If you have MS Windows then after you save the pic to your computer (right click and click save as) you can put
your mouse cursor over the file and it will show you the date and time that the pic
was taken and the model of the camera.

Great pics by the way.
That is a really nice looking engine.

You've got them so in focus on the front truck and pilot, I can tell you've ran it on the snap-track on the carpet. I can see the carpet fibers!!! ;)

Tom- Everything you see is how i took them, i havent even cropped them yet, i was to excited to post them. I only used one camera, the Sony. Im curious, how did you know that?

I use Firefox with a plug-in called EXIF reader installed. It shows the EXIF information embedded in your photo.

It's funny; the one photo said it was taken with a Canon A800. Must be a bug.

This is some of the information that pops up:

EXIF IFD0
Image Description =
Camera Make = SONY
Camera Model = DSC-H10

Picture Orientation = normal (1)
X-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
Y-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
Last Modified Date/Time = 2011:05:28 08:11:38
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) = centered / center of pixel array

EXIF Sub IFD
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/125 second ===> 0.008 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 7/2 ===> ƒ/3.5
Exposure Program = portrait mode (7)
ISO Speed Ratings = 125EXIF Version = 0221
Original Date/Time = 2011:05:28 08:11:38
Digitization Date/Time = 2011:05:28 08:11:38
Components Configuration = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/1 ===> 0
Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 5357/1482 ===> 3.61
Max Aperture = ƒ/3.5
Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
Light Source / White Balance = unknown (0)
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 63/10 mm ===> 6.3 mm
FlashPix Version = 0100Colour Space = sRGB (1)
Image Width = 2048 pixels
Image Height = 1536 pixels
Image Source = digital still camera (DSC)
Scene Type = directly photographed image
Custom Rendered = normal process (0)
Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
White Balance = auto (0)
Scene Capture Type = portrait (2)
Contrast = normal (0)
Saturation = normal (0)
Sharpness = normal (0)

It tells me just about everything except what you were wearing when you took the photo. ;)

Hey Dollie's Dad, I just downloaded the plug-in for my Firefox and installed it.
That's a pretty handy add-on.

Hey Dollie's Dad, I just downloaded the plug-in for my Firefox and installed it.
That's a pretty handy add-on.

I moderate a photography forum, and this is useful information sometimes, especially when trying to verify ownership of an image. Also, I'm always curious to see what cameras people are using. Some people remove the EXIF information during post-processing, and sometimes the web hosting service removes it, but more often than not it's there for the world to see.

Echoing what Bob said about depth of field . . . on some digital cameras you can get the highest F stop your digital camera provides by selecting A for Aperture Priority.

John Longhurst, Winnipeg

I downloaded the Exif Reader the Firefox Add-On site recommended but it didn't work. Turned out it's not compatible with Firefox 4. I went to the site the add-on was developed on and found the version for Firefox 4. It works.

Back