Been a few years but here goes a new layout (sort of)

I need to focus on getting a backdrop that will work. That bench in the back isn't cutting it. I am starting on the second 4 foot section this coming weekend when I get back from Amelia Island. Also waiting on the lighting hub to power up my street lights and billboard.

IMG_1420.JPG

Practice makes perfect.

Willie: Practice does make perfect, however, when I find methods or techniques I like that produce the results that I want I find that too much time passes between the next time I want to do a similar project and I have forgotten how I accomplished some results. I may have to do a series of buildings or car weathering to keep "practicing" to achieve the same results every-time.

Perhaps I should have a notebook for each structure or piece of rolling stock to record what methods I used on a model or even some photographs.

Greg

Perhaps I should have a notebook for each structure or piece of rolling stock to record what methods I used on a model or even some photographs.
I sometimes wish that I had done that over the years. At least I have gotten into the habit of writing the colors that I use on models on the instruction sheet and filing those sheets in a drawer for later reference. Certainly wish that I had done the same for some weathering techniques.
I was merely referencing Robbins statement " these kits are a pain to cut up and get right ".

Last edited:
This is beautiful so far! It's really nice seeing that you don't always require a full sized layout to make a beautiful scene! Your modeling skills are top notch.

All in all very inspiring!

Back