Basement excavation with R/C equipment

Interesting...I wonder how they're powered? I don't hear any petrol engines and there's no obvious cables, but on one of the videos he was talking about air pressure for an excavator. A battery-powered motor driving a generator constantly would run dry very quickly. You can also clearly hear the sound of an engine's revs dipping when the boom moves, but is that real or just sound effects?

Interesting...I wonder how they're powered? I don't hear any petrol engines and there's no obvious cables, but on one of the videos he was talking about air pressure for an excavator. A battery-powered motor driving a generator constantly would run dry very quickly. You can also clearly hear the sound of an engine's revs dipping when the boom moves, but is that real or just sound effects?

I think it's mostly battery powered electric motors. There might be some that use electric motors to pressurize hydraulics.

Battery powered motor driving a generator? :rolleyes::D

I would assume that it has an electric motor driving some kinda high pressure mini hydraulic system to be able to get that kind of movement out of a machine like that...

I think it's mostly battery powered electric motors. There might be some that use electric motors to pressurize hydraulics.

Battery powered motor driving a generator? :rolleyes::D
Like I said though, a motor on batteries generating constant pressure (in one video he mentioned using 25psi but it was too powerful, so he went back to 18) is going to use a lot of power. If he's using batteries he must be changing them out constantly.

Back