Banded Iron Rail

Hi

Have a construction problem, making a basement structure for a car dumper, that will be attached to the underside of an acrylic sheet (red 10mm thick), would like it to be removable, but I'm not sure that will be an option. The basement was going to be made from 3mm acrylic.

The 10mm acrylic sheet sits on a 50mm foam base board.

Any ideas would be appreciated on either making it removable or permanent.

Cheers

From the top
Car Dumper-01.JPG

From the underside

Car Dumper-02.JPG

Hi

Have a construction problem, making a basement structure for a car dumper, that will be attached to the underside of an acrylic sheet (red 10mm thick), would like it to be removable, but I'm not sure that will be an option. The basement was going to be made from 3mm acrylic.

The 10mm acrylic sheet sits on a 50mm foam base board.

Any ideas would be appreciated on either making it removable or permanent.

Cheers

From the top
View attachment 166618

From the underside

View attachment 166619
Could you add runners to the outside so it slides out like a desk drawer

Thanks, sent some time seeing how that would go and the short answer is no.

So the dimension from the top to bottom is 63mm, so 10mm will be sitting on top of the foam so the bottom will only just clear the underside of my baseboard, so sliding it in and out will not be an option.

It's going to have to be permanent there is no way around it.

This is going to be a pain in the ar#e

Things have been on hold, while I try to work out how to control the turnouts. I've been looking at using servos and control them with Arduino or just servo testers. So I'm thinking about making a point motor that looks like it works, So I've printed a point motor, still needs work, just have to start testing.

IMG_8661-web.JPG

IMG_8663-web.JPG

Hi
I was explaining this to a mate at I was going to use PCB cut into sleeper size pieces and replace the plastic ones over the joint and solder the rail to the sleeper, and he asked why? Why don't you glue the plastics ones and cut through them?

There seems to be no difference between the two methods. To be honest I don't see why you should replace the original sleepers with PCB sleepers. Any thoughts on this or am I missing something?

Cheers

Back