Ballasting with EZTrack

josephc932

I just finishing laying my track on the layout. I'm using all Bachmann EZ Track. Question I have is should I ballast this track?
Has anyone ever done it using EZTrack? Someone told me I should only paint it but I really want to try my hand at Ballasting.

I just finishing laying my track on the layout. I'm using all Bachmann EZ Track. Question I have is should I ballast this track?.
I would run it a long time before ballasting. Make certain all the kinks, bumps, gauge issues, electrical dead spots, and other operational things are 100% worked out, then consider ballasting. It is so much harder to work with once ballasted. Ballasting can cause new problems and it is good to know if it was pre-existing or ballast induced.

Good Point.. Thank you. There's still a lot of work to keep me busy. Wiring, Scenery etc. I"m sure waiting would be best.

I ballasted all of the EZ track on my layout. First, I coated everything in flex paste then laid my ballast on top of that. Check out my posts for pictures.

It is on my layout page. Click on my user name and go to "Postings." You will be able to see the thread for my layout.

Back