Bachmann's latest 2-6-6-2

GN.2-6-8-0

Bought Bachmanns latest issue of the USRA 2-6-6-2 and must admit its a beauty and well worth the moneu spent.
Being a northwestern and western modeler who's club layout is based on the Southern Pacific I lettered it as close to a SP prototype as I coud find and am pleased with the results.

6-2.jpg

007.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NtFcOdWPY

Say, that's a very nice looking engine!! :D

I notice that the injector pipe, where it meets the check-valve, is dislodged in the second image. You can just lift the valve and plug it into the small hole on the side of the boiler.

-Crandell

Say, that's a very nice looking engine!! :D

I notice that the injector pipe, where it meets the check-valve, is dislodged in the second image. You can just lift the valve and plug it into the small hole on the side of the boiler.

-Crandell
yeh' noticed that when I set that picture for my desktop and took care of it. Just hate it when you don't notice something like that when i could'a fixed before I took the shot but I'm sure I'll take lots more pic's.
This beast does have a wealth of fine detail so care needs to be taken handling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on that engine, GN. Bachmann keeps upping the ante in the lower priced locomotive class. I'm sure both you and Crandell can remember when you didn't get that kind of detail on $600 brass engines.

The only thing I'm not nuts about is that they built this model with the articulated rear engine. notice the gap between the rear cylinders and their steam delivery pipe's ,that bugs me a bit but oh'well!

you want annoying try rebuilding a broken bigboy i bought it and it looked like someone droped it down a set of stairs. i did alot of nice work to it and them i started getting really mad at it so i boxed it up and put it away i will have to dig it back out when i clean up the desk.
i stopped working on it after i had custom made drive axles that were shorting out on the body

and i wish the big boy took 18 inch curves it jumps the trax

Back