Bachmann Turntable-Questions

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
I took the Bachmann Turntable apart today to see why it had 4 dead tracks & I think there was a defect in this TT. For one thing on the plate where the track sliders are there is a space that has no contacts. Pictures showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I was thinking I would make a new round contact plate that has an inside & an outside contact area w/no break in it. Then just hook the wires up directly to the transformer like I had it before. Instead of the TT getting power off of the tracks coming into the TT the TT would have it's own power like the Atlas TT. Do you think this would work?:confused:

I took the center out of the TT to see if it could be fixed. It also shows the top of the TT w/the bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Larry, are you set up for DCC or DC? I'm just in the planning stage and due to budget restraints I'm going with the DC layout just to get up and running. I would like to add a turntable and a round house but this is new ground for me. Also, how do you get the tracks to stop and be lined up? I have so many questions about model railroading and since I had my stroke a year an a half ago, things don't soak in like they use to. I take lots of notes. LOL

HI Larry, are you set up for DCC or DC? I'm just in the planning stage and due to budget restraints I'm going with the DC layout just to get up and running. I would like to add a turntable and a round house but this is new ground for me. Also, how do you get the tracks to stop and be lined up? I have so many questions about model railroading and since I had my stroke a year an a half ago, things don't soak in like they use to. I take lots of notes. LOL

Almost all TT's are Indexed & stop automatically at ea. track. The Bachmann TT I had was a Lemon & I had to completely redo the contact disk in it to make it work. Also, some of the manual TT's are also indexed. The Bachmann TT is mainly set-up for their Modular track, but it can be made to work w/flex or sectional track by sinking it into the base of your layout which is what I did. Some of the other Forum members can tell you their experiences w/other turntables(TT's) that you might not want to buy.:rolleyes:

Back