Bachmann Silver Series 100-ton hopper

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
I just picked up a Bachmann Silver Series 100-ton 3-bay hopper today...
DSC01731.JPG

Here's the review:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=77

Gotta go back to the shop later this week, they just got 55 pounds of Walthers Trains in while I was shopping!

If you don't mind putting them together, you might just as well go with the Bowser H-43 (100 ton 3-bay hopper) kits. Better detail, crisp lettering, and realistic paint finish (no shiny stuff!). They don't come with metal wheels, but they are some of the freest-rolling trucks you will find. They also list at $12 - $13 and there's a certain online dealer that sells them for less than $10 ;)

If you don't mind putting them together, you might just as well go with the Bowser H-43 (100 ton 3-bay hopper) kits. Better detail, crisp lettering, and realistic paint finish (no shiny stuff!). They don't come with metal wheels, but they are some of the freest-rolling trucks you will find. They also list at $12 - $13 and there's a certain online dealer that sells them for less than $10 ;)

Realistic paint?:eek: :D

pict0158.jpg

Harold

Realistic paint?:eek: :D

In the sense that it is a very thin but opaque coat that has a semi-flat finish, not a thick, glossy finish like you find on some of the toy train set type cars and even lower-end Bachmann and Model Power cars. I really can't speak for the Bachmann Silver Series cars since I don't have any on hand to compare to the Bowser cars, but I'm sure the Bowser paint job is every bit as good, if not better.

I'm willing to bet the Bowser is better. After more, close inspection, there's over spray. And one of the BN logos is uneven.

Back