Bachmann SD70ACe....

.Cheers to all....Having trouble posting a bit of footage and associated stuff on my newest addition , a Bachmann Sound Value SD70 ACe...Will try again soon. Any tips on an easy way of getting footage loaded would be much appreciated Cheers...Rod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review and no magazine subscription fees!

That reminds me, time to renew my Classic Toy Trains subscription.

. bachmann sd70.jpgbachmannsd70 and athearn sd70.jpgG'day all..Finding it hard to load video directly so I put it on You Tube and post the link. When I get a chance I'll post a better quality video and add comments...Bad light..but the sound is okay....Cheers Rod..

G'day all ,Don't know what I'm doing wrong ...link not working but just go to You Tube and type in "backy sd70ace" and you'll find my badly lit but okay sounding quick demo of the Sound Value Bachmann...I'll shoot a bit of footage on the proper camera soon and compare the loco to one of my Athearns and add comments perhaps but if you find the YT one it'll give you an idea..Cheers Rod

G'day all ,Don't know what I'm doing wrong ...link not working but just go to You Tube and type in "backy sd70ace" and you'll find my badly lit but okay sounding quick demo of the Sound Value Bachmann...I'll shoot a bit of footage on the proper camera soon and compare the loco to one of my Athearns and add comments perhaps but if you find the YT one it'll give you an idea..Cheers Rod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7yn8YcSWuo

G'day Terry...Thanks...I'm an idiot on a computer...This is a poxy video off the cuff but my proper 3CCD Panasonic camera had an issue with the dew point moisture after not being used for a fair while so I just grabbed my old el cheapo one . I wanted to put the link on the Forum but it wouldn't recognise it ...so I posted it on You Tube but I will do a proper video soon and I'll clean up around the temporary track too , but I have to move a wardrobe out so I can build the intermodal yard this summer..so much of the track is temporary..not even soldered in places..however... despite there's no ditch lights operational yet on this loco and the bad light doesn't show some reasonable detail..this is a great sounder and is close to Athearn Genesis and my only MTH for sound quality in regard to EMD SD 70 ACe's...On sound..I have a few nice Intermountain and BLI ES44s and 9-44CWs and an 8-40CW..with either Tsunami , Quantum or Paragon and this Bachmann Sound Value in real life is as good as any of them...Basic soumds only of course but done very crisply, clean and a decent audibility without any adjustment...I know in the US , these locos are going out the door for anywhere between $150-200 with sound and only yet in five NS Heritage liveries but one day I hope Bachmann will expand to other colours...One other thing about Bachmann stuff is it's usually pretty reliable and this one has a nice weighty feel to it..Time will tell on how it is to fit ditchies etc to if I end up doing that...will hope to post a better video soon ..Thanks again for your help..Cheers Rod..

G'day all.....Louis Bruette sent me a fantastic link fro MB Klien on this particular product..A great little video...I hope he can load it on here too.... Just fantastic , bettered only by MB Klien's crazy sale price on these little beauties...How does $129 sound...THANKS LOUIS...for finding it....Crazy good price....notice normal retail was about $298....
Cheers Rod....

Back