Bachmann Schnabel Car

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Anyone seen the update on the new Bachmann Schnabel car? Got a Pre-order notice from Micro-Mark at $154.95. So far that is the cheapest. I did some digging on the web & found out it was supposed to be out in 2010. The new notice says Dec.2011. Gotta have one of these.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen the update on the new Bachmann Schnabel car? Got a Pre-order notice from Micro-Mark at $154.95. So far that is the cheapest. I did some digging on the web & found out it was supposed to be out in 2010. The new notice says Dec.2011. Gotta have one of these.:D

I have them preordered from my distributor for $113

Also you have pics of the Chinese model and the North American version is the one comming in Dec.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3828

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this and would really like one but my layout is no where near large enough for it. Just wondering what size turn radius is that thing going to need?

Dam I really like that blue one. But i dont have the money to spare for it. :(

But if I did have the money for a schnabel, i might save for a Brass one.

Mark,
I would like the Red one w/the gray load & silver trucks, but, anyone of them would be OK, not choosy.

Larry:D

Just noticed that you did not "hold off" on the Schnabel car purchase LOL. Just sayin'. I want one too but I am "holding off" for now.
-Art

Here are some pics of how the car somes packaged. I didnt open it as this one is for sale and I never got one for myself. The Two halves are seperate and there are to plates that swing down so you can screw the transformer to the car. Also there are some parts like CCTV Cameras to apply to locations on the car and a couple other parts so you can set the car up without a load.

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

Mark already shipped mine. Probably get it Tues. or Wed. As soon as I get it put together I'll take Photo's & do a Video of it traveling around the layout. I'm sure I'm going to have to do some realignment on structures, fences & other stuff before it will run clear.

OK, got the new Bachmann Schnabel car in the mail today from Mark. It is frickin huge!!!! LOL By my measurements, it's 201 scale feet long, coupler to coupler.

First thing was to assemble it (it was easiest to work on this by laying it on it's side instead of trying to work on it upside down) basically 2 screws into the bottom of the transformer load and it's all one car. Then I replaced the couplers with Kaydee #158's. I had to drill the coupler mounting holes out to a #28 to fit over the pins on the car. Also had to open up the coupler pocket opening a bit so the Kaydee would slide properly back and forth.

Here's a couple of pictures and a short video. This thing rolls with just the slightest touch. If my Track-Mobile can move it, anything can!! Now to dis-assemble it and paint the wheel sets.

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

th_006-1.jpg

th_005-1.jpg

Lookin' good Jerome! what reporting marx does it have?
Mine should be on its way once the check clears, boy oh boy oh boy!
Larry, can't wait to see what radius it'll handle.
One came thru here a while ago and they had to relay a couple curves for clearance, looks like you may be following the prototype!

Back