Bachmann EZ-Track plan TT-9

wayles3

I might be on the slow side; I have put together this layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. So far everything is working fine. I am running DC for this layout. I am having a tough time finding or labeling the blocks for this. I have purchased 6- prewired 1 meter IR sensor train detector for signal controller master board. I need to put my IR sensors at the blocks. Please advise when you can. I will try and send a copy of the layout.

If you can post a photo, or even a hand drawn diagram, it would be most helpful to determine where they would need to be located.
there are any number of members who will be able to help you with this.
I can't help, as my layout isn't big enough to need them, so I don't use them.

I might be on the slow side; I have put together this layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. So far everything is working fine. I am running DC for this layout. I am having a tough time finding or labeling the blocks for this. I have purchased 6- prewired 1 meter IR sensor train detector for signal controller master board. I need to put my IR sensors at the blocks. Please advise when you can. I will try and send a copy of the layout.
Yeah, I can find no reference to a TT-9 layout. The layout #9 in the Bachmann track plan book I found is only a 4'x5' and consequently pretty primitive.

If you can post a photo, or even a hand drawn diagram, it would be most helpful to determine where they would need to be located.

I am having problems sending or copying my file over to be sent to you through this program. I need an email address to send it to you.

I am having problems sending or copying my file over to be sent to you through this program. I need an email address to send it to you.

No point sending it to me, I can't help with where the locating blocks should go.

Take a photo of either the layout or diagram then email it to yourself, save the picture on your computer then using the "insert image" icon (that's the one to the left of the smiley face) either drag the foto into the box or browse your computer till you find the image and click on that, then click on open, and the image will appear on your post.

I've also sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Is this the layout???
Atlas TT-9 Layout
1661181008016.png

Yes. I would like to us DC control system. I would like to set up blocks. As one locomotive comes into a block a IR signal picks it up. Then it transfers power to the switch ahead to move in the correct position, using an Atlas snap relay. As the locomotive comes out of the switch, another IR signal picks it up and switches the turn out back to the way it was. I would like to incorporate a sound sensor for when the locomotive comes through.
I am looking at installing 1x prewired 1 meter IR sensor train detector for signal controller master board. I will be placing 6 units into this layout.
Have I lost you yet?
Help me to explain what I am doing.

Yes. I would like to us DC control system. I would like to set up blocks. As one locomotive comes into a block a IR signal picks it up. Then it transfers power to the switch ahead to move in the correct position, using an Atlas snap relay. As the locomotive comes out of the switch, another IR signal picks it up and switches the turn out back to the way it was. I would like to incorporate a sound sensor for when the locomotive comes through.
I am looking at installing 1x prewired 1 meter IR sensor train detector for signal controller master board. I will be placing 6 units into this layout.
Have I lost you yet?
Help me to explain what I am doing.
OH! Atlas True Track. Never thought to look there.

And OK how many simultaneous trains are you talking about here? Six units? You mean 6 sensors? Just one train on the whole track? A sound sensor in addition to the IR? why two different types of sensors?

Finally you say "the turn out back to the way it was". Do you really mean the way it was, or do you mean a preset "normal" position?

Maybe describing the ultimate goal rather than the specifics might help.

I will try to clarify. I am using Atlas True-Track. Layout TT-9. Eagle Rock Route. All of my track is Bachmann snap track. I am running 3 trains. Two trains on the outer loop and one on the inner loop. All three trains are going the same direction and the same speed. I have bought 6 (1x prewired 1 meter IR sensor train detector for signal controller master board). I want to use the IR signal to pick up the atlas snap relay to switch the turnout and a second IR sensor to set it back to where it was. Also, when the IR sensor gets the signal, it turns on the signal speaker. All do through the master contro0ller boards.

Turn 3 and turn 5 will make a continuous loop. One is the main line with 2 trains and the other is the inside for 1 train. These are the only switches that I need to change (switch) when the train comes through.

Turn 3 and turn 5 will make a continuous loop. One is the main line with 2 trains and the other is the inside for 1 train. These are the only switches that I need to change (switch) when the train comes through.
No idea which is turn 3 and which is turn 5.

But are you saying that you have one train on the inside loop (green), and one train on the outside loop(red). Then you have a third train that goes around the outside loop except it cuts into the inside loop on the passing track (shown on the lower part of the diagram)(blue)?

If so, what switches the blue train onto that track to begin with?
threetrainloops.jpg

Last edited:

Back