Bachmann E-Z Lube Rail & Road Track Cleaner

MOWboss

1651973671757.png

My hobby shop highly recommended Bachmann E-Z Lube (Rail & Road Track Cleaner). An added benefit is improving conductivity.
Anyone here use this product and have any recommendations or tips?
How long between applications?

I need to clean inside tunnels and plan on using Woodland Scenics "Tidy Track" or any "long reach" suggestion.

Going on DCC Nickel Silver track.

View attachment 145597
My hobby shop highly recommended Bachmann E-Z Lube (Rail & Road Track Cleaner). An added benefit is improving conductivity.
Anyone here use this product and have any recommendations or tips?
How long between applications?

I need to clean inside tunnels and plan on using Woodland Scenics "Tidy Track" or any "long reach" suggestion.

Going on DCC Nickel Silver track.
Hah! Sorry, their are so many products around to help keep your track in shape, it's down to what works for you, and some will say it's good, others not.
Applications is also down to you, more trains you run less applications required.

Easiest way to keep your track in good shape, run trains everyday, and vacuum at least once a week.

Long reach cleaning suggestions, there are so many Bachmann, Dapol, CMX, everyone has their favourite, also the DIY solutions from metal washers to kitbashing one, or even using a piece of wood.

Oh! And avoid plastic wheels whenever possible.

Last edited:
IF............... kerosene, WD-40 Contact Cleaner, or CRC Contact Cleaner is one of the ingredients, then you are good to go!!!

Or even mineral spirits, Wahl Clipper Oil, or turpentine, it's probably okay.

If not, oh well. Don't feel bad for keeping your local hobby shop in business.

Is wonder if there is an MSDS on the product?
I think it’s similar to Aerolube and such.

Have you seen the excellent recommendations for the use of 'minerial spirits for clean track, the very small application of graphite (from pencil leads) for solving the arcing problem that produces that black gunk on the tracks (not the plastic wheels).

Then you might have a look at the track cleaning car projects I've been working on.

Back